Battered Women 8/8/01

by silentlambs 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Dear Bill,
    Not only does this article curdle my blood but I want to hit my computer screen. I am a Victim Advocate here on a Military base in Lousiania. I work with the Military police and Civilian Law enforcement to counsel Women, Children and Men ( yes men there are men who are victims also) and assure that they have a safe haven and know there rights as a Victim.
    What the WTS is failing to do is to inform these battered women of their rights and when one takes on the task of writing such a article WITHOUT letting the victim know of their rights they are in essence breaking the law. Each state has Federal Guidelines that one has to abide by concerning the rights of a victim. Since I have not read the entire article I would like to know if indeed the WTS has broken the law by not informing these victims/potentinal victims and past victims of their rights. In this I mean was a victims code of rights printed along with the article? Yes I know the WTS believe they only need to follow some of "cesars laws" but one of my points is this article is being distrubted to non-witnesses and if they are not following the guidelines in writing about abuse and following Federal law in informing victims of their rights. They are breaking the law.

I am sorry for my tirad but one of my clients who was a JW just killed herself this past weekend, because she saw no other way out, in her note to her 15 month old child she hoped Jehovah would see that she had a mental condition and would be ressrectuted in the new system to live with her daughter,IF her husband continued to raise her in the JW faith. I have been sick since Saturday night and I am getting sicker by the moment.

Bill if possible could you e-mail me the entire article?
    Thanks
    Cami
    [email protected]

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

OMG, Cassi, no wonder you didn't email me. I wanted you to post on this because of your job. And offer some suggestions.
    I'm so sorry to hear what happened I can't even type any more. Yet another VICTIM of the WTS. Please email me asap.

Love you.....

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• tdogg
    tdogg

My mother finally got the courage to leave my ill-tempered father. Both were JW. She moved out and then had and a short lived affair likley to give my father a 'scriptural divorce'. When she told him (over the phone) he loaded myself (10) and my brother (7) into the car and we drove to her new place where he proceeded to distribute beatings to my mother and her new boyfriend who happened to be there.
    After that he dropped us off at the KH because our meeting happened to be going and left with an elder to turn himself in to the cops. He lost his priviliges but was not DFed probably because "she had it coming" or something like that.

• JT
    JT

Lamb

you are so correct

what makes this so sad is that many elders like myself would indeed feel bad for the sister- but as with all jw the NAME OF THE ORG is utmost important--

as i stated my old DO put it best WHAT WAY DOES THE SOCIETY LEAN

WELL they lean toward STAYING and as a result the advice and cousel will be slanted that way despite the woman is holding her teeth in her hand

the entire SYSTEM of wt is flawed and as a result the advice the give merely reflects that

my mom stayed with my dad because of this dogma
    YOU CAN WIN HIM WITHOUT A WORD

the number fo times in which that text has be envoked with jw women is un real and the resluts THEY STAY with the hopes that one day tthey too will be on the district convention telling thier story of how they are entering the Traveling work in the Fall of the year

were in fact most sisters continue to get thier A$$ beat by both non and jw husband

yes they need to get the hell out , but without any real support SYSTEM many stay

how sad

james

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I would like to have this issue of the Awake, is there anyone who could get one & send it to me?

Thanks so much!

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit