They make you think there are no good people out there.

by LynnTink 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LynnTink
    LynnTink

What a wonderful response I have received from my last (which was my first post) post from everyone here.

The one thing that was drilled into my head was that you can not trust anyone that is not a JW. I had only one worldly friend since high school and she has been there for me thru everything. She even wrote a letter to the society about disfellowing and how wrong it is. Believe me it was a powerful letter. I am quickly making new friends and I am getting in touch with some old ex-JW's. At least the ones that are over what they have done and realize that they are only human and want more out of life then being a JW. Of course there are people out there that are not trust worthly but most are trying to do their best.

The main reason for this post is to say "THANK YOU!" All the responses I got on my first post are wonderful. There may need to be people that need that much control in their life to stay focused and not get in trouble but for the most of us, we do just fine without it. Your responses have given me the needed strength I need to move on and stay strong. I look forward to getting to now more people on here and to post more things as time allows.

THANKS A MILLION TIMES OVER!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are welcome! Don't you just wish you could walk in to a Kingdom Hall and holler, "Come on outside, the weather is warm, and the natives are friendly!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your welcome a million times over..Everyone on JWD gets a penguin on thier 1 millionth Thank you..This is Ray Penquin..He`s blind and plays the piano...OUTLAWDancing Penguin

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hi Lynn,

Yes, one of the wonderful things I am learning since I dropped out more than a year ago, is that there are alot of wonderful people in the world.. yes in the WORLD. I fell for that too. May you have some real friends..and not the conditional friends in the JW's.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm finding that out too. I remember hearing that "no matter how good people are, they shouldn't be your friends if they don't serve Jehovah." Well guess what? If I screw up, the friends who serve the Borg will pretend I don't exist! The one time I made a bad decision in front of non-dub school friends, they bugged me about it to make sure I didn't screw up again. But at least they CARED. If I make a bad decision in the congregation, I'm dead to them.

No thanks. I'll take the people who show me the error of my ways and work to make sure I don't screw up again--not the people who decide I'm dead.

• Cindyrenee
    Cindyrenee

The people on the outside are much nicer than the ones inside for the most part. Now I know what unconditonal friendship is. Keep your chin up, it gets better. Remember, the friends you make now, are friends because they want to be your friends, not just because you are JWs, and there is no one else to hang out with. Lots more to pick from. Enjoy!!

• Hannah
    Hannah

My opinion has always been that there is a lot great people in this world--even some JWs are truly sincere and loving, but just blind and brainwashed. It's like nails on a chalk board when JWs go on and on about the paradise because I know to them the paradise does not include these other great people in the world. Before DA'ing myself I would say if God thinks I'm not a good enough person (or any of these other great people--non JWs) to live in his paradise, then I don't want to live there anyways. I know I'm a good person with a sincere heart who loves their neighbor and God, like most people I know and like I'm sure everyone on this board.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I read your bio and your post and I must tell you that your sincerity about your feelings came through loud and clear. I wish you the best of luck now that you're DA . . .God will always be there for the believers; for people like you.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Yes they want you to think that and many other things, sad to say with millions yet captive they are still very successful. Feels good taking off the blinders, enjoy the forum and I wish you the best on your other post.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

good to hear from you lynn, things will get better for you as you gain greater control of you life from the watchtower mind control. Your life and friends are in your hands, not the watchtower... make the most of it.
    thecarpenter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit