Convince me to move to your State (U.S. Only)

by liquidsky 39 Replies latest jw friends

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

My Husband and I are throwing around the idea of moving to a different State. Nothing is set in stone yet, but some changes in his career may allow for us to move wherever we like in the U.S. I love Washington State, but I would like to move somewhere a little warmer. I've lived in Washington all my life and I need a little help in learning about the rest of the U.S.

So convince me to move to your State.

Liquidsky

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Move here in North Georgia Mountains. They are very beautiful around here. You will love it here! If you come here, I will give you a tour!

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

The Republic of Texas. Enough said.

• SB
    SB

warmer? i've got nothing to offer, sorry.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

So what is so great about Texas?

We were looking at real estate there last night and we could get a freaking mansion for the same amount a rambler costs here.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

South west Idaho.

You get just about every thing ,in mountains, flat lands, rivers, creeks, lakes lots of timber and clear mountains.

Also high desert. Lots of fishing and hunting skiing and snow boarding in the mountain areas which are close to the lower land where it rains.

Snow in the mountains with rain in the lower levels.

NO huge cities, lost of small towns with a few larger cities.

I have lived in Portland Ore. San Diego Calif. "Southern Wyoming ugh!"

Idaho beats them all.

Outoftheorg

• voltaire
    voltaire

I live in Chicago. Well, hum...It´s about 0 degrees right now. We have a corruption tax of several thousand dollars a year per person, no one really knows for sure (that´s the assumed cost of the Daley administration´s payments to friends, family, mafioso types etc.) The Cubs will break your heart every year. Our last governor is in jail for selling driver´s licenses to truckers who couldn´t pass the test or didn´t care to try. Our current governor is going to jail (my opinion, too long a story, let´s just say his little daughter got a $1500 check for her birthday from a ´friend´who had just landed a government job, cool huh?) Can´t park anywhere. Cops are really rude, intimidating and vulgar at times. They like to drive on the sidewalk right behind you, while you scurry out of their way. God help you if you give them a dirty look for that. Michael Jordan is just a dream. When the cold leaves there will be about 30 minutes of nice temperatures before a heat wave of 90 degrees sets in.

On the bright side, if you like Vietnamese, Indian, Korean,Polish or any other kind of food you can get it. There´s a lot of work and I love hearing all the foreign languages spoken around me. It´s still a Midwestern town, so people are closer to being friendly, even though it´s a big city. It´s close to my parents (whoops, you don´t know them, they´re nice folks though, you should really stop by and have a chat with them.)

Hope this helps. ;)

Ron

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Thanks for that Voltaire. Chicago is now out of the question. But I think you convinced me to meet your parents! =)

Averyniceguy: Northern Georgia looks beautiful! What's the weather like? Warm?

Outof theorg: I've been to Idaho during the summer and it was pretty nice. It's a little to close to Washington though. If I move, It's gonna be out of the Northwest.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Liquidsky,

If you're interested in warmer, you will definitely consider the Sunshine State. Many of the "snowbirds" come down to Florida during winter to enjoy our climate and beautiful beaches.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Texas. Nuff said. (Typical Texan to say *that*!). LOL!

Texas is temperate in the winter; and hot as blazes in the summer. Several major cities with good employment rates. Vast areas of beautiful timberland in the East (The Big Thicket); vast areas of desert in the West (for the desert lover in you!); mountains in the West; beaches in the South; and prairie to the North; Central Texas has the hills, rivers, and lakes, with Austin (state capitol) the centerpiece (Keep Austin Wierd is their unofficial motto.)

Cheap houses; no state tax; and a fierce pride in their heritage that is as palpable as the state is large. Oh.. and I might add: there's the largest nest of apostates down here with regular apostofests that are lots of fun!

I hope you find the place that makes you and hubby very happy! Good luck!

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit