New "donation" arrangement begins to FAIL

by Tech49 54 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.http://www.cornwallramada.com/controls/FckEditor/editor/filemanager/userfiles/watchtower%20logo%20small(1).jpg

....Image result for avoiding bill collectors..Image result for debt collector

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

NoGoodDeed and Outlaw - From what I am hearing donations in Kingdom Halls are down considerably. Emptying the local congregation bank accounts and declaring all Kingdom Halls to be property of the Watchtower Society and not the local congregations seems to have backfired badly.

But remember that most JWs are truly sheep and are willing to be sheared and herded by the dogs of the Watchtower organization.

One of my contacts in a local Kingdom Hall mentioned that everyone in his hall seems exhausted and joyless. The general attitude is to just get through the meeting and then get home to watch whatever was taped off the cable TV box. Although everyone says they are having family study nights, in reality very few really do. As one brother told him, "my family study night is sitting on the toilet scanning the study Watchtower on my cell phone. My wife glances at it, but really doesn't 'study' it. After all, what's to study and why? It's all the same shit warmed over and rotated through every 12-18 months. But if the elders ask, both my wife and I assure them that we faithfully have a study night. My wife drops a buck or two in the box and so do I about once a month. I really don't feel like they deserve a dime from me. But I can't go anywhere, I have too much to lose."

I think that describes the feelings of the majority, and might even include a lot of elders as well. There really is no love or enthusiasm in JW Land right now.

JV

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is the same joke-hova that is supposed to support the publishers. If that thing cares about the buildings, why doesn't that thing pay for it in full instead of trying to enslave the members? If I were Almighty God, and cared for the people, I would easily be able to make sure each member had super-abundance of wealth plus make sure the congregation needs are abundantly cared for. And no need to donate anything to the parent organization, since their needs would also be abundantly cared for. Video monitors and all.

But no. Instead, that thing wants the members, already in poor financial standings (and that's before the dollar becomes toilet paper), to donate even more toward something that is leading them to damnation. That pledge amount may only be 10 toilet papers a month per publisher, but it is on top of other expenses. How much does it take to run one of those dumps? They may be looking at 15 or 20 toilet papers a month, enough to buy several silver quarters at the end of the month to save for when the economy really goes kaput. Instead, they have to waste it on their own damnation. No wonder so many of them are going to be ruined when the dollar does become toilet paper--not only they do not know Neptune is headed for 9 Pisces or what that means for the dollar, but they are unable to prepare even if they did.

• Simon
    Simon
    Remember, god created the entire universe ... but he needs the coins and notes in your pocket.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

But remember that most JWs are truly sheep and are willing to be sheared and herded by the dogs of the Watchtower organization..... Juan Viejo2

I`d have to agree but there`s something else to consider..

JW s were betrayed by their Elders in the Congregation..People they know and trust..

The JW Elders knew the Kingdom Hall bank accounts were about to be Cleaned Out by the WBT$.

JW Elders knew there were more pages to the "New WBT$ Donation Arrangement" but they never disclosed them to the rest of the congregation..

JW Elders were willing accomplices..

In a huge "WBT$ Raid" of JW Kingdom Hall Bank Accounts around the world..

JW Elders are as Guilty,as the WBT$..

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I too remember when the 'Household Financial Surveys' were passed out to the rank and file last year.

After being hounded I, for the hale of it, pledged high but have failed to deliver on my 'vow'. I have given zero, nada, zilch, not a penny....and I'm loving it!:)

• zeb
    zeb

Now my friends and lurkers too. IF the wts had not believed its own fables and had NOT convinced a generation or two not to plan for old age with at least some minimum of plan then they wouldn't have to be screwing old pensioners for their little 'mites'.

Look around you at the hall and ask yourself; "Hm of these here on pensions had long term employment in their time but have NO income other than the minimum govt pension"and why?

Yes i know ell that any financial plan can collapse but a reasonable plan has a lot better chance of survival than NO plan.

Insure against retirement /old age? No? Well do you insure you home? Do insure your car? The loss of either is possible but not likely so, where does getting older and having to leave the workforce come in then?

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Thanks for the update. Exactly as we predicted a year ago. Loveless money hungry cult.
  • 88JM
    88JM

NoGoodDeed - From what I've seen, I think they're either doing it differently here in the U.K. or they're just a bit behind the U.S.A. in implementing it.

They had the "pledge slips" a few months ago but it was presented more as "a survey" - I don't think the congregation here at least is sending off fixed amounts each month just yet, but they did send an initial lump sum off to the WTBTS. Maybe the arrangement is different because of the rules around charities here, or maybe it's just because the congregation is quite small. I think they're just reporting back to the C.O. for now.

One interesting thing - I do know recently that the WTBTS here wasn't happy with how seemingly infrequent the contribution box was being emptied and counted (small congregation, so sometimes there is nothing there) - so now they want each contribution box receipt scanned and emailed to them as soon as it is written.

I was accounts servant a few years back and I never heard of this being done - can anyone tell me if they've heard of this before?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

OUTLAW - I couldn't agree more!

My 3 brothers-in-law- are Elders, and I unreservedly include them in this statement;

"If anyone who was a serving Elder when the 4 page "donation" letter was received is still an Elder, then they are nothing but a spineless leech in their own congregation, and have the Nazi attitude - "We are only obeying orders!".

Any decent Elder with a true Christian conscience, would have resigned following his BoE's complicity to propose acceptance of the letter's terms and conditions.

Scumbags - every one of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit