Have you abandoned the hope of everlasting life?

by Fisherman 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Do you still believe or nurture in your heart "living forever in a paradise earth" and even never having to die in "this old system"? Or do you now belive in life after death as a spirit being in heaven? Or have you abandoned the hope of everlasting life?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i've decided to just wait and see what happens. i'm no longer going to live my life worrying about what happens after i'm dead.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I refuse to live my life in fear of what may/may not happen according to some book written by mortals thousands of years ago. I try to make the best of today.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I don't believe in life after death. The one thing the bible had right is that upon death a person will return to the dust.

I'm agnostic and no longer believe in fairytale gods, especially vengeful, hateful ones that go by the name Jehovah.

Ofcourse, I would love to live forever if that were even possible, but I don't see any evidence that indicates I won't eventually die and cease to exist.

• anewme
    anewme

I have lost my faith in everlasting life for myself.

It saddens me when my husband says he wants to be together forever.

I say nothing because I believe it is a terrible thing to discourage someone whose hope is in the hereafter.

But the hurtful way I was dfd and treated by the Watchtower Society has truly disturbed me psychologically and spiritually.

Given the historically proven fact of man's mortality, the "hope" of everlasting life is no hope at all, just a delusion perpetrated and exploited by mortals whose objective is to extract hard-earmed cash from those who suffer from such delusion.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    Do you still believe or nurture in your heart "living forever in a paradise earth" and even never having to die in "this old system"?

No, and I have a few acid things to say about JW's resurrection hope too.

Or do you now belive in life after death as a spirit being in heaven?

No, although it would be nice too, and I will probably grab onto it if ever somebody very closes to me passes on.

Or have you abandoned the hope of everlasting life?

I never really did believe it.

• NanaR
    NanaR

I have decided to concentrate on being a good person in THIS life. I feel that so long as I do that, I can safely place my everlasting future (whatever it may be) in the hands of Someone Else. When I left, I really believed that I was "sentencing" myself to everlasting death, and I came to terms with that possibility. Now I believe that it is counterproductive for me to dwell on circumstances beyond my control (destiny beyond death), so I am concentrating on living well RIGHT NOW.

NanaR

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Not at all.

Destination has changed tho

Definitely changed my outlook/perspective on life today. No longer view it as a passing phase to "just get through." It's a gift to be used. How long it lasts is a variable we have no control over.

I'm no longer in dread of "will I/wont I make it.

I'm a sinner, can't earn God's favour, I recognise, acknowledge and receive His grace and feel liberated as a result.

• jgnat
    jgnat

As a never-JW, my faith was never based on a future promise. I received my gift at conversion, rather, which is full forgivemess. This is the hope I signed on for, that I can daily live a life washed clean by the Holy Spirit. This hope gives me a spring in my step and joy in my heart.

My JW husband, however, frequently tells me I have "no hope" and I am foolish for believing in Heaven. He himself has faint hope, because he humbly admits he rarely measures up to the standards of the society.

My husband just doesn't conceive that my hope is not tied to "knowing" my final destination. Since I live with God daily, where He leads me next is of minor concern.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit