Revelation Climax, page 52, Kindly Respond

by compound complex 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cellist
    Cellist

It looks like a poorly rendered hand to me. What makes it look really weird is the colour of it. In trying to portray motion (the King's arm swinging), the hand wound up looking purple and evil looking.

They don't have the top artists in the world. There was even the occasional horse with human eyes. Now, that's freaky looking! But a common mistake with lesser skilled artists who haven't bothered to study their subject matter.

Cellist

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your replies. No, my question was not intended to broach the subject of any conspiracy theory. My thoughts and conclusions are unimportant. I, as previously mentioned, sell art, pictures with images of animals in rocks and trees. There is no question whatsoever what is there. There is a variety of art called the nut genre variety. WT art is part of that classification and has been called by observers, other than myself, "clever." It has given some people what the French call a "frisson", or shiver up their spine. That is what happened at my presentation yesterday. It created a palpable reaction. I only wanted to know if YOU saw a blue, claw-like hand; no theories, HONEST! Just the facts, Ma'm!

Thanx,

Compound-Complex

• Gill
    Gill

Now I see it!

I diagnose a case of Raynaud's Syndrome!!

Seriously, the hand is proportionately wrong and certainly the wrong colour.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Scanned from a "first printing" copy:

alt

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear NanaR,

Thank you for the scan. And welcome to the board!

In Living Color,

CoCo

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Looks to me like more than that one hand is weird. Definitely not the best artists. --- Off topic - I see all these guys wearing beards. Maybe next time someone gets reprimanded for having a beard they can pull out this example of Christ's followers. : )

• NanaR
    NanaR

CoCo,

You're welcome :-)

I moved most of a very large JW library to another room a few years ago because I couldn't figure out what to do with it (since we aren't allowed to burn here and it was a LOT to put out for the garbage).

Since coming to this board, though, I think I can find better usage for it...

Thanks for the welcome!!

Ruth aka NanaR

• V
    V

Detail of "claw" hand:

alt

• TopHat
    TopHat

Thank You Nana for the scan.....my hubby has thrown out most of the WTS mags and books I had stored in a few boxes around the house. I wanted to save them for just this reason. When someone brought up a verse or picture on a thread here.

CoCo...I was thinking the claw hand might represent Satan trying to take the scepter away from the holy man. The artist joke, so to speak.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Pointed out - that seems like an extreme oversight.

IF it is not intentional, how did they miss such a thing? It doesn't even look like a hand at all. I know they use live actors to set up the artwork - this just looks like the finishing artists missed it entirely. Does no one review this stuff before it prints? Could be the artist just 'sketched in a hand' then never went back to finish.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit