What would you do if you lost your job?

by Virgochik 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• fokyc
    fokyc

Get another one!!

fokyc

• jgnat
    jgnat

I composed a beautiful response yesterday, and the computer ate it.

I say, look now. Who would want to stay with such a lousy employer? At the same time, let the union and the appeals do their work, because I suspect there will be a large severance package in the works for you.

• acadian
    acadian

Acadian are you a gigolo?

.....n......ooooo.......

Over the yrs. you get to know people, you learn about their need's and I would offer to help them, for instance, you have a broken window I'll fix it for you, no cost, you might ask "how do you get paid?" "I don't, unless you would like to freely support my work, a workman is worthy of his wage, I'll let you freely determine that" (That's the short version) I've never not been given support for my labor, many times I recieve more than if I had set a price. I know a lot of people and with word of mouth I keep busy. You can apply this principal to most anything I suppose? For most I know it sounds scary, an unrelieable way to live, for me it works Plus I'm not in commerce, all monies given to me are given freely in support of my need's. Whatever it is I do to help people, I always do the best I can and because of that people have come to know they can relie on me. Some don't always pay because they don't have anything to pay with, that's ok in the end it seems to always work out. if we help each other.... Hope that helps I live life differant than most. Acadian
  • kwintestal
    kwintestal

I would get things in the works for a new job, look anyways it can't hurt. Last thing you want is to get stuck unready for it. If I was in your situation though, I wouldn't leave until I had to.

Kwin

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I would put my name in with temp agencies, fill in the preliminary paperwork for unemployment insurance, cut back on all unnecessary spending in the meantime, update my resume.

Following losing the job start handing out resumes, accepting temp work when you are called for it and possibly take a low paying job to keep your savings from being depleted so quickly. While at this lower paying job continue looking for a better position or working to get your job back.

• hindweb
    hindweb

I am sorry to hear about you job scene, please don't lose hope. God helps those who helps themselves. There are a lot of home based jobs available nowadays, you can take that as a stop gap arrangement.

http://dharma.indviews.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit