How Often Do You Pray?

by Anitar 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

double post

lisa

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Praying is bullsh*t its just Psychotherapy & Dellusion. If you truly believe there is someone there listening to your prayers every time you utter them and you say them often enough and you've got a whole Organisation trying to ram this activity down your neck you will make it real in your own mind.

I mean the mind is a powerful thing innit?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Praying is bullsh*t its just Psychotherapy & Dellusion.

Yes, we all have had different experiences. Have you ever asked yourself the question "why".

Do I pray? YES

Do I get everything I ask for? NO, but then again, I've quit thinking of the Creator as Santa Clause, and I'm learning to really communicate. Since then, it's become an amazing experience - and authentic.

• luvbug2007
    luvbug2007

I do not pray I am an atheist.

• Anitar
    Anitar

Welcome to the board lfcviking an luvbug and thank you for posting! Feel free to tell us about yourselves.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Yes 'Double Edge' God will become like Santa Claus or a Genie even if you pray only for material things (when you already have enough). In that sense you are praying for selfish reasons and you don't deserved to be answered. But from personal experience praying for genuine reasons such as personal & spiritual weaknesses an overcoming everyday JW difficulties in life well it just didn't work. It did not make me feel stronger, happier or more benefited in any way. Which goes against what the bible says:

"Keep knocking and the door will be opened", " Keep asking and it will be given you", (Matt 7:7)

"the power beyond what is normal may be gods and not that out of ourselves", (2Cor4:7)

"the helper (ther holy spirit)" John 14:16 etc.

These scriptures pretty much reassure that everyone who persists in asking for genuine reasons will recieve. So what is it then? Is it the scriptures that are false? Is it a translation error? Is it the JW's putting too much emphasis on praying? Or maybe i had a lack of faith? But how do you know when you have a lack of faith? How do you measure faith?.........Anyone?????...........................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit