Someone isn't happy with me

by dedpoet 18 Replies latest jw friends

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I just received this email from a jw. He isn't the first person to send me his views on my website, I've had plenty of correspondence lately, but at least this one isn't full of abusive language, which many of them have been. Those ones tend to get deleted, though I have sent a few, with the email addresses included, to wts headquarters. Maybe some of the senders have a surprise coming.

Hello I just visited your website, and I have to say that it is far and away the most vitriolic, sarcastic, anti - Jehovahs Witness site on the entire web. Why do you hate us so much? Just because you can't or won't live up to Jehovah's righteous standards doesn't give you license to attack those that can. You have the right to your opinions of us, but why don't you keep them to yourself? Just imagine if an interested person visited your site, saw the so called "information" you provide, and was put off from furthering their interest in true worship. Their blood would be on your hands if they are destroyed at Armageddon. The end of this system can't come soon enough for me, as it will mean people like you meet their well - deserved fate, and when that happens, I for one will have no sympathy for any of you.

I emailed him back to thank him for his comments, which I accept as a compliment, and a sign I'm doing something right, and to point out that there is a message on my home page warning those visiting that it is an ex jw site, so he shouldn't expect complimentary comments about the wts. I also pointed out that one of the objectives is to encourage people to examine the jw beliefs before they commit themselves to them, and I would be very happy if I received an email from someone thanking me for helping save them from the wts cult. As for the alleged nearness of armageddon, I advised him not to hold his breath. He hasn't replied yet.

dedpoet

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Hello I just visited your website, and I have to say that it is far and away the most vitriolic, sarcastic, anti - Jehovahs Witness site on the entire web.

Wow~ you outdid yourself.

Why do you hate us so much? Just because you can't or won't live up to Jehovah's righteous standards doesn't give you license to attack those that can.

Oh I wish we could take an honest poll on how many 'in' are actually living up to the standards they preach.

You have the right to your opinions of us, but why don't you keep them to yourself? Just imagine if an interested person visited your site, saw the so called "information" you provide, and was put off from furthering their interest in true worship. Their blood would be on your hands if they are destroyed at Armageddon.

So first off, they have the right to talk and not anyone else. Very typical. It is a strong trait amongst JW's. Then also, wow. Does the person not understand that the point is to actually help people stear clear of joining in on the JW insanity? Obviously not.

The end of this system can't come soon enough for me, as it will mean people like you meet their well - deserved fate, and when that happens, I for one will have no sympathy for any of you.

WOW AGAIN~ OH boy that is so Christlike. I just feel the love and understanding and tolerance oozing out of this persons pores. WOW.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    I wish we could take an honest poll on how many 'in' are actually living up to the standards they preach.

Yes sparky, it would be potentially very revealing, except that I doubt we could rely on most jws to be that honest anyway. O know I didn't live up to all the standards when I was in, or even attempt to, but I'm not sure I'd have admitted it at the time.

• Clam
    Clam

Nice to see he's doing the rounds of all the so called anti-JW sites. Hope he finds what he's looking for, whatever that is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This guy dosen`t know what he believes.Todays truth is tomorrows new light..If this fool cleaned up the organization that runs his religion,the Jehovah`s Witness`s wouldn`t be taking all this heat..If he tried to clean up the organization,the WBT$ would disfellowship him..He`s in a no win situation..Where can I join up?..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Jourles
    Jourles
    and a sign I'm doing something right,

Lol! You got that right.

Isn't it funny that most of these type of emails from jw's are canned responses?

• They just happened to stumble across an apostate site
    • The site is very very bad, makes the WTS look wicked
    • We obviously cannot live up to the morals issued forth from the WTS
    • You're bloodguilty if you happen to offend a "bible study" prospect
    • You're gonna die at armageddon for turning your back on jehover

Most emails I have seen over the years to myself, and many others here on the board, are written similarly. It's as if the WTS printed an outline in the KM for all jw's to use when scouring the web and for emailing us wicked ones. I bet we will never see an original thought come from these enlightened ones, will we?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>vitriolic

He's a JW that can spell "vitriolic" -- you gotta give him credit for that!

>>You have the right to your opinions of us, but why don't you keep them to yourself?

Hee hee! You GOTTA love this! "If you can't agree with me, can you at least shut up?" Hell, that would make a great t-shirt!

Dave

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good response, dedpoet. Were it me, I would've bit my thumb at him.

• lowden
    lowden

Why's he complaining about your website???

Isn't your persecution proof that he has the truth??

What a silly, silly person.

Keep up the good work dedpoet.

Peace

Lowden

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Most emails I have seen over the years to myself, and many others here on the board, are written similarly. It's as if the WTS printed an outline in the KM for all jw's to use when scouring the web and for emailing us wicked ones. I bet we will never see an original thought come from these enlightened ones, will we?

Jourles, come to think of it, most emails I receive from jws are like his, apart from his not containing abusive language - I'm sure the wts just love the terminology some of their members use on the web. It does almost seem like they are working to an outline. I'm not that sure my site is that vitriolic anyway, though it is sarcastic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit