Celine Dion sings kingdom melodies????

by unique1 46 Replies latest social entertainment

• restrangled
    restrangled

Does anyone remember Ashford and Simpson?....I think this is who it is or at least one of them.

r.

• Backed away
    Backed away

Restrangled, your ARE 47! my God, ashford and simpson. yeah i remember them but not singing Kingdom melodies?

One or both were/are witnesses?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yep 47 and gettin older every day. I believe this is who they are, someone told me a while back. They became witnesses later in life. I could have the names wrong, I'll double check next time I talk to my mom. I definately know its not George Benson, I use to listen to him all the time.

• Backed away
    Backed away

Thanks Restrangled, I know about the getting older part, I have you beat by a few month's.years ago in LA, I met George Benson at a friend of mines KH. nice guy. nicer than Michael Jackson was a Dodger Stadium in the 70's. can't remember which District Convention it was but I was a teenager, you should of seen the fuss made over him then! hypocrite jw's hounding him for a autogragh

• skyking
    skyking

My wife has a band and she is the lead singer, my daughter sings as well all over the place, they both love Celine Dion and sing most of her songs. I had them both come in and listen, then asked, them who they thought was singing. Both said without knowing why said Celine Dion. I would put my bet it is her singing.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

They do a much better job than I ever could.

bczar

• codeblue
    codeblue

How did George Benson rope her into this?

Actually...when I was an active JW....I loved singing at the KH....I had an appitude for music ...

Everybody loved my singing at all the KH"s I was at...I was called the "songbird"...

Maybe when I was there, the singing gave me a meaning, since I loved music so much...(since I was stripped of my musical scholarships while being a JW to be "spiritual")

Actually, a lot of those songs were VERY difficult and only understood by those with musical direction could sing them well..(some never should have been songs they were horrible to sing even if you were a gifted musician)

Codeblue

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

This was one of a number of tracks on an entire CD of re-done songs from the songbook. There were duets, a cappella numbers - it was leaps and bounds above the awful CD the Org put out years ago. People were copying and giving out CDs like crazy. It must have started in '04, as the quote from the KM in '05 most likely is in reference to the CD of "remakes".

So much control - the Org couldn't even stand it when the Witnesses wanted to have fun "singing praises to Jehovah."

BTW - I'm 29 and I was weaned on the likes of Ashford & Simpson - love it, love it, love it! "You gotta stay free..."

• jukief
    jukief

OK, this is going to date me (date my parents, actually), but does anyone know who Nelson Eddy was? He was a huge screen idol in the 30s (http://www.nelsoneddy.com), along with his singing partner, Jeanette McDonald. My parents were big fans. We have a tape, which Alan's parents gave us, of Nelson Eddy singing Kingdom Melodies. It's definitely him (his voice is easily recognizable), and since he studied with the Witnesses at one time, it's not a surprise (my mom lived in LA at the time and knew which congregation he briefly attended). On the other side of the tape is our hero Freddie Franz singing Kingdom Melodies. The man apparently thought he had quite the voice (what an egomaniac!), but my only reaction when I first heard it was a huge shudder. Yuck.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i think it is snoop dog and lil kim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit