Cheap-ass Watchtower tapes!

by Nosferatu 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I recieved 4 tapes of Kingdom Melodies from Lee (thanks Lee!) So, I shoved one into my tape deck so I could hear "Stay Awake, Stand Firm, Grow Mighty" for the first time in ten years (man, that sounds like a song about my penis). However, I discovered that the pressure pads have gotten crusty and fell out of two of these tapes, and the cheap bastards at Watchtower didn't put screws in their tapes so I could easily fix them! So, I'll be cracking these babies open to put new ones in.

Maybe they did that on purpose so JWs would have to buy new tapes every ten years or so, kinda like the paperback pieces of crap.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

lol sorry about that Nos

Maybe they did that on purpose so JWs would have to buy new tapes every ten years or so, kinda like the paperback pieces of crap.

In spite of how they like to crow about how advanced they are it seems to my that like everything else they make it is time limited

• Cellist
    Cellist

I think you're right. Can't have the tapes lasting until the big A, you know. Someone has to help pay their bills. LOL

Cellist

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    lol sorry about that Nos

Don't worry, it's not your fault that the Watchtower manufactures crap. Besides, I've fixed tons of these things before, and I have lots of spare parts that I saved from GOOD QUALITY cassettes that I no longer had a use for.

BTW Lee, your transfers are getting close to done

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Oh man, I forgot how bad this shit sounds. (Yeah, I fixed the tape).

I'll have pictures of my repair job up tomorrow.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Oh man, I forgot how bad this shit sounds.

Now don't be letting Little Nos hear those things. I can send you a pair of ear muffs to protect him

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Sorry if I offend but criticizing the Society for their tape quality is funny.

Surely there are better things!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

***Sorry if I offend but criticizing the Society for their tape quality is funny.***

Actually, the WT does not manufacture the tapes, only record them. When I visited Walkill in 2005 our tour guide related that analog cassette tapes would be discontinued soon due the the fact that there were only a few manufacturers left in the world. Digital recordings killed cassettes years ago; the demand just isn't there so neither is the quality.

At least CDs/DVDs are a step in the right direction. The paperback NWT? Now that's cheap!

~Sue

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    The paperback NWT? Now that's cheap!

Paperback NWT... doing away with magazine subscriptions... Going to one Awake per month... Sending out a list of 70 corrections in Revelation/Climax book instead of telling the JWs to throw out the old ones and get new ones because of "New Light"... "Sending Bethelites to the field"-Layoffs- while selling multi-million dollar real estate holdings and not distributing that money to layed-off Bethelites as a severance package...

Now that's cheap!

Oh, and buying the cheapest tapes instead of the ones with screws in them is cheap too.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Nosferatu wrote:

I'll have pictures of my repair job up tomorrow

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this!

CS 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit