Lost filling is chilling!

by Virgochik 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like the drugs

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

VC, I just grab a REALLY sharp tool off their instrument tray and tell 'em, "you don't hurt me and I won't hurt you."

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I love getting dental work done. One of my fondest memories was getting my wisdom teeth pulled. It's not like you feel anything with all the numbing medication they use, at least I didn't. I can remember when they had to pull one of my wisdom teeth that hadn't surfaced yet. I can still remember the noise it made when it finally popped out.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I hear nitrous oxide is a real gas Why not give that a try?

S

Ps, misanthropic, you is a sick bunny. Wanna do dinner, sometime?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::Ps, misanthropic, you is a sick bunny. Wanna do dinner, sometime?

lol. anytime Satanus, ANYTIME

• Satanus
    Satanus

Uhoh

S

• XU
    XU

Do not get your teeth pulled - your skull will resorb into itself until you can pull your lower lip up to your bangs! And get your teeth cleaned twice a year! See if they have Ameriplan where you live- google it. It's a hella cheap discount dental plan. Not many places take it, but if they do, they won't charge you more than like 40% of the normal price. And pay the extra bucks for the white fillings because they will bond directly to your tooth unlike the silver that act as a stump splitter. I know it's outrageous what it costs, but it's worth it in the long run. Oh yeah, and get nitrous and tell them how much pain you are in and have been in the past when you had fillings and can't you get some vicodin for that? Ok, forget the last part, that's bad. Bring your headphones to block the noise.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Aw, have a heart, LHG! The filling is about 20 years old, and a chunk cracked and came out. No, it's really not pain I fear, because I've never had a bad experience with that. I just don't like choking on the water and the hose, and the smell, and squirming in the chair for 2 hours. Anyway, a lady at work steered me to a sweet woman dentist that her daughter works with, so I went today for an x-ray. I'm lucky to be getting away with a crown and no root canal. When I return in 2 weeks, I'll take a couple of sedative tablets, and they assure me I won't care about a thing!

Except the bill maybe. $1350, $570 of which is my share to pay.

But, yes, I should go for preventive visits. I know I'm not alone here, in putting those off!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

shelly, they're having me take prescription Halcion tablets to make me feel drowsy and warm and fuzzy before the appointment. I'll let you know if it works for a big crybaby like me. Maybe it could help you get through it, too.

XU, i've got Delta Dental thru Kaiser Permanente, and they pay 50 to 80 percent, not too bad. But still a lot of money before (gasp) Christmas!

• jgnat
    jgnat

If it will make you feel better, I lost a filling this month too. Eating Muslix I crunched down on something waaay too hard. Before I sued the company, I felt carefully around my mouth, and presto! Big old jagged hole.

I'm holding out until I've got the funds. The drilling doesn't scare me, but the bill does!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit