It just seems that Witnesses are less active these days.

by free2beme 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Remember:

its Saturday meet for service at 9am,

then at 9:25 go for McDonalds.

When you are done by 10am go to a return visit you know isn't home on Saturdays.

Then drive to the territory to do not at homes that were not at home the same time last Saturday and then meet at the hall by 11:50 to drop of Brother ancient who came along with your group.

Warning: what ever you do, never stop by a fellow witnesses house who is sick to encourage them or offer to help them with any task they are unable to do due to sickness!!!!!

Go home and watch football.

this is modern field service...

W.Once

• Backed away
    Backed away

I rarely see the witnesses anywhere unless one of my family members are in the hospital and "gasp" blood maybe needed. then you can bet they swarm like locusts to blather the "prime directive".

I recently watched two witnesses walk up to my door, never knock or ring the bell, only to leave a tract.. I hated going door to door and I thought I was the only one who did that! 2006 witnesses in "stealth mode"

One sure fire way to see the witnesses is move into a gated community or apartment complex and just watch them find a way in like Tom Cruise in " Mission Impossible" or is that Missionary Impossible?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'll tell you guys what pisses me off. Since my mother is a JW, they seem to contact me fairly frequently. It's like I have this JW aura that draws them to my house. Hell, when I lived in my apartment, I had one of them call me while they were doing telephone witnessing! It just doesn't stop!

Perhaps when my mother cacks, I'll have better luck getting rid of them.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We rarely see them on our street now. I've only lived here for 11 months, but my bf has been here 7 years, and he said hey came round a lot more regularly when he moved here. They came round on the first day of the kn 37 campaign, for the first time in a couple of months. I'm not missing them of course, and I doubt anyone else is

• mama1119
    mama1119

You guys should come to my neighborhood if you want JW action. They are here CONSTANTLY. There is bound to be a spotting on Saturdays for sure, and they love eveniong and weekday witnessing through here as well. Drives me nuts. I need a no trespassing sign. I here they have to obey those now.

• moshe
    moshe

I have had one regular field service visit in 16 years and the tract dropped off last week. I have moved 7 times during that time period, so they must have just missed me each time I moved. They definitely don't enjpy cold calling at homes anymore.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Witnesses are like policemen. If you want a witness on a Saturday morning you have to visit the coffee shop.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

The JWs don't seem to be very active in my area. I've lived at my present residence for almost 6 years and no JWs have called. Looks like I won't get that new tract everyone is talking about.

• Purza
    Purza

I see them occassionally. Mostly Spanish speaking witnesses. However, about two weeks ago I see this guy going door to door, by himself -- wearing a short sleeved dress shirt and a tie (no jacket). I wasn't sure he was a witness until he came to my door trying to give me a tract, of course I declined it. My daughter thought it was odd that he was by himself. I said that wasn't what was odd -- it was what he was wearing. Strange.

Purza

• proplog2
    proplog2

Typical week for JW's in the 1950's

Tuesday: Pre-Study work 6:30-7:30 Book Study 8-9

Wednesday: Bible Study Night. Conduct a bible study with interested ones.

Friday: Street Corner Work 7:00 to 8:00

Saturday Morning Magazine work 9-11 Magazine Route Calls 11-Noon (No breaks)

Sunday Morning Sermon work 9:00 - Noon

My family averaged 35 hours per month each.

Pioneers 100 hours per month.

Special Pioneers 150 hours.

Vacation Pioneers 75 hours in 2 weeks.

Going to Bethel was like going in the Army. You had to sign up for a 5 year hitch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit