Mom Died -- and I found out from an old friend!

by BrendaCloutier 121 Replies latest jw experiences

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I am so sorry to hear this Brenda. My thoughts and wishes go out to you.

The Claw

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

My dear dear friend, my heart aches for you. I just called you and hubby said you were sleeping, so I spoke briefly with Kevan. You have a wonderful husband who is so supportive. Blessings to you.

It is so painful to think that J W families can try and cheat us out of our God given right to love and grieve for our dear parents even if they are JW's.

They are so presumptous. So judgemental.

I hate that Organization. Let them all rot in hell.

I hope that you find inner peace and strength to get through this awful ordeal

your dear friend

Orangefatcat

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I feel for you. Those sons of b*tches need to be made to pay for all of the pain they have caused. I mean the watchliar sociopath society. I share your pain, as I'm sure all of us here do. Be strong. Peace.

• Jobees
    Jobees

What a sad turn of events! I would be fuming at my sister as well. It's sad, but true, that the majority of JW's feel that WE made the choice to leave, therefore we made the choice to have no family. My mother (when we used to speak) used to tell me that it was my choice to sin and be disfellowshipped and my present state of no contact with family was a direct result of my own actions. Kind of f-ed up, but it probably is the point where your sister is, Brenda. She sounds like a true gem

I am sorry to hear of your loss and the horrible circumstances behind finding out. Pray often and ask for peace. God will calm your troubled heart and spirit. Christian love, Charlene.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I know that I wrote on this thread already, but coming back and reading all the replies to this horrific behavior of "the sister" in both aspects, "spiritual" and "fleshly"....

and it infuriates me even further to have these pompous JW JERKS that would DO these things!!!! Just who gave THEM the right, or the PERMISSION to act like this, and be as hurtful and coldhearted as they possibly CAN???

What IS IT that comes through the JW mind that ceases to be human?

This is mindboggling when you pick it apart and try to figure out their motivations....and how opposite to "Christianity" they really ARE in their thinking.

How could ANYONE in their right mind even want to "go back" to that hideous excuse for a religion again????

What kind of a message is their behavior sending? Is THIS "an invitation" to worship the way THEY do? I'm sure JWs have all these answers and I am equally sure that I don't really want to hear them.

I wanted you to know that I think the card you chose, Brenda, and what you have said back to her.....is just about as perfect as it could be.

hugs,

Annie

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Brenda, I am soooo sorry to hear of your loss............I, too, am waiting for that day when my mom passes over and that will be the last tie that my sister, who is still in, will have with me. Right now, we speak from time to time about mom's health, but, I try to avoid it...........I've been having some intense nightmares lately.........the last one was the other night, and I beat the crap out of my sister..........it's sad, isn't it, what this cult has done to us?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

(((((Brenda))))) I'm so sorry!

• FMZ
    FMZ

((((((((((Brenda)))))))))) I'll be saying a prayer for you and your mom.

KJ

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
  • bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((((Brenda))))))

I have some concerns for what you posted here:

Am I coming at this out of resentment? Yes. I am. But I have a point to make about Christian love. I'm above her bullchit. They don't know how to take the high road. Only the high ass.

IMHO (((((Brenda)))) big hug because what I'm going to say is not with the popular vote, but if you act out of any kind of resentment or do anything on your part to try to make a point to her about Christian love, you are in every sense becoming HER and acting just like her.

Please think about it and as hard as it may be to do sit quiet and not take any action right now it is exactly what you should do! Especially since you are really in the shock, grieving and denial stage of grief. It's never a good idea to act at a time like this, you may regret it later.

Keep the door open for peace, she is your sister and even though you don't agree with her and are hurt by her actions don't become her. You are stuck with your siblings for a long time as you can see long after the parents are gone, it's best to get along.

I hope you take this in a loving way, it's the way I mean it even if it's hard to read or think about I don't mean to be harsh but I do wish you would step back, calm down and take some time to really think before you act. Give yourself a week or so and see if you still feel the same way.

Big hugs and love,

Kate

PS I didn't read the whole 6 pages of this so I may be missing some of the content/intent and for that I'm sorry if I'm way off base here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit