What does one do at a concert?

by Dune 24 Replies latest jw friends

• looseend
    looseend

i am not telling you to do this, but i usually just tailgate with friends and/or girlfriend and drink (since i don't smoke anymore). If you do just don't drink to much. there is nothing worse then seeing a band for the first time twice. designate a driver to DWIs suck (pearl jam was still the best concert) and you don't want anyone to get hurt.

• Robdar
    Robdar

First of all, take some foam ear plugs. I say this because I lost a good portion of my hearing at a Pink Floyd concert in the 80's. Believe me, you will still hear everything fine with the earplugs.

The next thing you do is spark a big ol doobie before you go to the concert.

Wear comfortable shoes and take plenty of money for t-shirts and soda or beer.

Oh, and leave any stick that you may still have up your butt from your jw days at home.

Have a great time!

Robyn

• looseend
    looseend

oh and don't over think it. there is nothing to worry about just watch the show and have fun the rest will come to you

• Honesty
    Honesty

PARTY DOWN!!!!!

• Sam87
    Sam87

ok, your going to a concert, if this was me id be going to a rave (no i dont do drugs, i just love the music), rave/concert, whatever, i just have a few drinks, start to feel the music, you'll know what to do from there on in, but if you dont, i guess just bop around to the music, and have fun.

Usualy concerts are fairly full so even if you cant dance for sh!t no one will be able to see because it will be packed, so just move around, about after 5 minutes youll get comfortable with dancing and youll be set from there on in.

Sam87.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Dune, you will get there and realize really fast what it is all about, and then you will just have a great time. Just be yourself, focus on enjoying yourself, not on what you are "supposed' to do. Do whatever feels right, whether it be dancing around, just standing or sitting there and watching/hearing the show, or just bopping your head to the music.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

PS Don't worry, I was an uber-Witness loser too. I just figured this concert/music stuff out pretty recently. That should help you feel bettr about just being yourself and having a good time.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

So his first name is Dashboard and his last name is Confessional?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

dont try to take a camera. they will confiscate it

I love concerts.........and Dashboard Confessionals should be pretty good, not too rowdy for your first concert.

Relax, enjoy

purps

you might want to get one of DC cd's to get familiar with thier music.........always nice to sing along.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Ballistic is right - you shouldnt need us to tell you what to do! You musta watched a bit of mtv since you left! hehe

On the other hand I know exactly what you mean. I was the same. I didn;t go to a proper gig until I was 22 which was U2 at Wembley Stadium. But I went with the wrong frame of mind - I was working towards reinstatement at the time and was endeavouring to be restrained and unworldly, and the tickets had been bought before I was wanting to be reinstated. I ended up smoking, drinking and having very enjoyable but highly guilt ridden oral sex with my ex! I also ended up witnessing to guys on the periphery who were all to happy to take my number with a view to a bible study! I would say do not do any of this!

Just chill, make sure you know the words to a few of the songs, plan your outfit for comfort as well as looking hot (for this chick you dig) as you will be standing a lot of the time and plan your bar trips not to coincide with your fave songs.

So who are you gonna see then? Anyone we'd have heard of?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit