The final solution to everything

by Norm 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Norm
    Norm

The WTBTS has figured out the perfect solution to all of mankind’s problems.
    They mainly use the Awake! magazine to tell us about the wonderful future that awaits us.

That magazine will have articles with headlines like:

Homelessness - will it ever end?
    Unemployment - will it ever end?
    Child labor - will it ever end?
    War - will it ever end?
    Poverty - will it ever end?
    Hunger - will it ever end?

Then usually they paint the worst possible gloomy pictures of how horrible “our times” is and the sheer hopelessness of it all. Then they present the solution which will come in the form of “the kingdom.” All this is presented as “Jehovah’s Wonderful Purpose for mankind”
    For some reason we are never actually given much details of how this wonderful bright future is to come about. Some times we are offered euphemisms like Jehovah will “remove” or “bring an end to” wickedness etc.

Somehow the Watchtower Society writers sense that it is no longer wise or politically correct to say it like it is as they did here:

*** w58 10/15 pp. 614-615 What Will Armageddon Mean for You? ***
    As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth’s billions these are indeed few. They are the few that walk the narrow way or cramped road that leads to life. These will not share in the fighting but will merely sing God’s praises.—2 Chron. 20:20, 21; 2 Cor. 10:4, 5; Matt. 7:13, 14. On Satan’s side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, even as we read: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions. Even the professedly Christian organizations? Yes, because all such that are friends of the world are making themselves enemies of God.

Only some decades ago the Watchtower Society was refreshingly straightforward, yes they even seemed to enjoy and revel in describing the upcoming bloodbath in gory detail, you can almost see the writer salivating:

*** w61 12/1 pp. 725-726 United Against Nations in the Valley of Decision ***
    58 Never before in all human history will so many human creatures have been slaughtered. Blood, as representing human lives poured out, will run deep and over a vast distance. Revelation 14:20 paints the appalling picture, saying: “And the wine press was trodden outside the city [God’s organization], and blood came out of the wine press as high up as the bridles of the horses, for a distance of a thousand six hundred furlongs [or, 200 miles].”
    59 To a completion Jehovah’s judicial decision will be executed. The nations and their grapes of wickedness will be trampled out of existence, to leave the earth a cleansed place for the righteous to occupy and enjoy. Not all flesh will be in that symbolic wine press. Not all flesh will have its lifeblood trampled out of it. There are those who make Jehovah their refuge and their fortress. These will be kept safe and be preserved, while Jehovah by his King Jesus Christ crushes their enemies and His enemies in the wine press or “low plain of the decision.” These preserved ones are the remnant of spiritual Israelites and the “great crowd” of their dedicated companions who unite with them in calling upon the name of Jehovah for salvation. (Joel 2:32) They are the ones to whom he has prophetically said: “And you people will have to know that I am Jehovah your God, residing in Zion my holy mountain.” With breathless awe they will have looked down from their safe heights into the valley of decision and witnessed how Jehovah gains his magnificent victory by Christ over all the combined nations of Satan’s visible organization.

Much of the same obvious malicious pleasure can be detected here:

*** w55 7/15 p. 436 War from Heaven Brings Peace to Earth ***
    Men can spray a field with chemicals that kill weeds but spare crops; too bad they cannot spray cities with bombs that blow the bad to bits but leave the innocent intact.
    *** w55 7/15 p. 438 War from Heaven Brings Peace to Earth ***
    15 Men have a saying about “dying with your boots on.” At Armageddon Jehovah God will grant their wish and let them “die with their boots on.” He will allow them to build up to peak strength and go down fighting.
    *** w55 7/15 p. 438 War from Heaven Brings Peace to Earth ***
    So let this old world die with its military boots on if it wishes, but let us live with our theocratic boots on, preaching the good news of peace and singing the praises of Jehovah God!

Of course some of the faithful dubs upon reading this and as true Christians no doubt enjoying it immensely they had some misgivings as to the gargantuan sheer logistical task it must be to get rid of all the dead, much the same problem although on a much lesser scale that confronted the Nazi’s during holocaust:

*** w53 12/15 p. 763 Questions from Readers ***
    Questions from Readers
    • Both Jeremiah 25:33 and Ezekiel 39:12 refer to those slain at Armageddon, yet one says the dead will not be buried and the other says they will. How are the two texts harmonized?—W. B., Canada.
    Jeremiah 25:33 (AS) reads: “And the slain of Jehovah shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the face of the ground.” Those slain by Jehovah will not be gathered up by the survivors of Armageddon and given a formal burial or funeral accompanied by mourning and lamentation. There will be no memorial stones to mark where their remains lie and to symbolize a hope of resurrection for them. Their former existence is not held in the memory of Jehovah so that he will raise them from the dead, nor are these ungodly slain ones remembered with any respectful mourning by Jehovah’s servants that survive the battle of Armageddon. Their bones will be picked clean by the wild birds and beasts so long ill-treated by godless men.—Ezek. 39:4, 17-20; Rev. 19:17-21.
    Yet the survivors of Armageddon will not let the earth lie littered with bleached bones, but will bury them to cleanse the land, as Ezekiel 39:12 states: “And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.” The Mosaic law declared unclean for seven days anyone touching a corpse, and the land would likewise be polluted by such remains. For an executed criminal to remain exposed was a defilement of the land, and the law required his burial to avoid this. (Num. 19:11; Deut. 21:23) Topheth of the Valley of Hinnom was defiled by its becoming a dumping place of garbage and dead bodies. (2 Ki. 23:10) Hence in time there must be a burial of the bones of those slain at Armageddon, but only to cleanse the land, and not to memorialize their existence or imply hope of resurrection.

In this next quote, Brooklyn addresses this fear and introduces the idea that Jehovah will actually use “highly scientific” means of disposing with the billions of carcasses:

*** kj chap. 20 p. 377 Land of Magog No More to Threaten Mankind ***
    The unburied dead, “those slain by Jehovah,” will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way. This remains for the survivors of the “war of the great day” to see and witness. We remember that Noah and his seven fellow survivors of the global Deluge were not burdened with burying the human victims of that world catastrophe after they came out of the ark and renewed Jehovah’s worship on earth.

To those of the “faithful” that has permitted themselves to harbor a smidgen of human decency and compassion enough to find all this a tad distasteful, the Watchtower Society has this to say:

*** kj chap. 20 pp. 377-378 Land of Magog No More to Threaten Mankind ***
    23 ‘How horrible all this!’ Should that be our reaction of mind toward this prophecy of the disastrous defeat of Gog’s dastardly attack upon the only remaining peaceful worshiper of Jehovah on earth at the end of this violent system of things? Not rightly so! No matter how terrible it may seem to people who as a community took part in gory world wars Nos. I and II, Jehovah has spoken it prophetically, and that means it will be sure to come to pass.

Even to the writers of this orgy of slaughter blood and gore, it is clear that it can be compared to the infamous holocaust of the Nazi times here in offering the only key to survival:

*** g84 8/22 p. 9 The Only Way of Survival ***
    Among all the religious groups that claim to be Christian, which one freely uses God’s name, Jehovah, puts full trust in him and his promises and boldly encourages its members to be witnesses of him? (Isaiah 43:10) Without a doubt, these are the ones ‘seeking Jehovah.’ They urge others to join with them in learning the only sure way to survive the coming global holocaust.

So now you all know a bit more about “Jehovah’s Wonderful Purpose for mankind”
    A plan that will make Hitler, Stalin and all other despot’s and evil rulers look like amateurs and boy scouts.
    How perverted do you have to be to consider the wholesale slaughter of 99,9% of mankind a "Wonderful Purpose"?

Norm

http://home.c2i.net/norman/Incredib.htm

• penny2
    penny2

Whenever I'm given one of those bland magazines with a title like "...... - will it ever end?" I get a strange sort of sick feeling. I can hardly bring myself to read them these days. Well most of the time I don't read them.

I wonder how many current jws feel that way?

penny2

• Dansk
    Dansk

As usual, another great post to ruminate on, Norm ((((((((HUGS))))))).

What really miffs me is how Watchtower takes advantage of all the freedoms won in the west, many over the dead carcasses of the most altrusitic people who have ever walked the earth, and then states that the institutions that granted those freedoms will soon be destroyed at Armageddon.

Ian

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Great post. This is a keeper. It was actually this kind of information that enabled me to finally break free from the org without any more guilt. It was the realisation that if this is what Jehovah is really going to do to mankind then I don't want to worship a God like that. I would rather die at Armageddon than worship a God that destroyed 99% of humankind. I don't want to be part of a religion that effectively portrays God as far worse than Hitler, Pol Pot, and Stalin combined. To my mind, God will have failed and Satan will be the victor in such an outcome and the issue of Universal sovereignty is not proven at all. All that will be proven is that might is right, that hate is greater than love, that violence is greater than peace, that revenge is greater than mercy, and that Jehovah is a manslayer of far worse proportions than the devil ever was. (NB - Charles Taze Russell never preached this murderous version of Jehovah.)

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Great POst Norm!!!!

In the meantine, the doctors, scientist and other secularists villified are doing what they can to bring relief now as men of faith hope for God to act in the future. Certainly, God will, but in the meantine...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I would rather die at Armageddon than worship a God that destroyed 99% of humankind.

yaddayadda, I really appreciate your entire post here. I may use this quote if ever pressed by my elder body on my refusal to participate in field service. I won't say their view is wrong (although it is). I will just say that I am resolved to die with the 99%.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    To my mind, God will have failed and Satan will be the victor in such an outcome and the issue of Universal sovereignty is not proven at all. All that will be proven is that might is right, that hate is greater than love, that violence is greater than peace, that revenge is greater than mercy, and that Jehovah is a manslayer of far worse proportions than the devil ever was.

Well said. Yes, it finally makes sense that to fix problems like homelessness, poverty, crime, and lawlessness, you need to kill over 99.9% of humanity.

It makes sense....if you're FLIPPIN' CRAZY!

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Homelessness - will it ever end?
    Unemployment - will it ever end?
    Child labor - will it ever end?
    War - will it ever end?
    Poverty - will it ever end?
    Hunger - will it ever end?"

Kill all the homeless.
    Kill all the unemployed.
    Kill all the children in sweatshops.
    Kill all the soldiers.
    Kill all the poor.
    Kill all the starving.

Well, that certainly will "end" all the world's problems. A solution that makes all of the world's dictators look like schoolyard bullies.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not

Hmmm...I'm inspired to write a musical - Jesus and the Amazing Technicolor Antimatter Torpedo!

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ha ha- your topic title reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman dresses up as Hitler trying to peddle his

"Finalll Soluuuuuuutioooon!!!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit