Has anyone ever met any members of the Governing Body?

by *jeremiah* 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Met Barber when I was guarding the stage at a DC in Reno in 1986.

Did they still give you guys baseball bats, or did they switch to tasers by then?

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

When I was still studying in 84, Carey Barber came to the pioneer school in Janesville, WI for the "ceremony" I guess. My book study conductor who was also of the annointed, was becoming a pioneer so I went with her family and her son (who was the ho JW who was sleeping with me at the time)...and you would have thought God himself was speaking up there. The dad was recording the whole thing and I had the worst case of bronchitis I ever had in my life from sitting through a double header at White Sox Park two days before that...and coughed through his ENTIRE talk.

We were of course like two seats away from the esteemed gentleman which gave him cause to glare at me every time I started gacking LOL!

I was like what IS the deal with these people?? That didnt stop me from getting baptized later tho. I decided I wanted to join the circus too!

Loves

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I met Freddy Franz in 1977 at a special meeting for pioneers. A roast beef dinner was served and he told the audience to eat and enjoy it because " we may not have any in the new order."

He was oddly dressed. My father thought his manner of dress proved how humble he was. In retrospect I know now his manner of dress showed what a nut case he truly was.

wanna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit