Nacho Libre, my ex-boyfriend

by bebu 10 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

We rented the video and my daughter watches it non-stop. It is a really funny story. Everyone likes the music, too. Great acting!

One very odd thing... I used to date a guy who looked EXACTLY like Nacho, and who even had the body shape, mustache, every facial/eye expression, gestures, and *ahem* "sounds" of Nacho. He was a wrestler, too! It is absolutely impossible for me to watch it without wondering how they got him on film!!

(The pained smile with gritting teeth at the end... that's him, too.)

bebu

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I would think you are probably glad he is an ex then!? Or mabe the look is coming back!

• codeblue
    codeblue

I have been wanting to rent it....sounds so funny!!!

• bebu
    bebu

It was sometimes like dating a cartoon character, meg. He could knit his brows to look incredibly evil--or terribly thoughtful. (And he was also a good cartoonist... )

Definitely was an interesting fellow. A jack Mormon who loved beer, judo, the SCA, Japan, science, and belching.

I did a google and found out he has a PhD now.

(....And I'm sure I would've eventually killed him if I had married him. )

bebu

PS: CB!!!!!!! How are you??!! Any better news these days???

• codeblue
    codeblue

Bebu...just sent you an email...

• daystar
    daystar

Jack Black (Nacho) is one of my favorite actors. I first saw him in High Fidelity with John Cusack in 2000.

Nacho Libre,on the other hand, was not one of my favorite films.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Jack Black is a hoot. In the best way. That wasn't my fave movie, but all of his seem to be fun. Gotta love the guy! Jack Black, not NL, reminds me of someone I once knew too-more attitude and style than actual expression and physique.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I think Jack Black is sooo cute. Lilly

• daystar
    daystar

I really liked Jack with Gwyneth Paltrow (whom I adore in anything she does) in Shallow Hal. Orange County was okay. He did a pretty good job in King Kong. I was surprised to see the movies he's been in before anyone really knew who he was - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0085312/

• bebu
    bebu

It's him! It's him! Except he's wearing a monk's cowl instead of a hoodie!!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit