SCARY(actually hilarious) JW Urban Legends (smurf content)

by *jeremiah* 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• dobbie
    dobbie

I heard the story about the sister witnessing to the killer as well, the tale reached over here in the UK! Load of rubbish, why would one witness be protected when others have been killed -just a ploy i thimk to make them go out in service even more, to make them think they will have Jehovahs 'protection'! Whats all this about smurfs being demonised though?I used to love them when i was little(not a witness then) are you talking about those cute little Blue things with the white hats?

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

Here is a story that circulated around my area(NYC) for a time back in the early 80's...

Two sisters(why is it always the sisters?) are out in service and approach a door. They ring and a man answers the door and he is angry. He tells the women to get away from his door and never come back. Before the sisters could make a retreat, the man grabs one of the sisters bible and rips it in half right in front of them!!! When the sisters related the experience to the elders they were told that it had to be demons that gave the man that kind of strength and from then on that apartment was registered as a dnc(do not call).

So there you go folks...wanna get rid of some dubs at your door on a Sat. morning? Just brush up on your bible ripping technique!!!

ec

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Whats all this about smurfs being demonised though?

Papa Smurf and others practiced good magic. Gargamel and whatever bad characters the show had practiced bad magic. It's the same reason I was not supposed to watch Disney's The Sword In The Stone, because it had Merlin and a witch in it. I'm surprised Bedknobs and Broomsticks or Mary Poppins was allowed.

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Here's one I heard.

A brother was out in service and a guy comes to the door in a black hood and cape. The brother said he was one of Jehovah's Witnesses and the creepy guy said "Oh, Jehovah, I know him, why don't you come in"

And his eyes glowed red...

Skeered?

This one had BS written all over it as the person couldn't verify the source. Everyone knows a friends, cousins, moms, brother's uncle who it happened too. LOL.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Up until 1978 I was active and an elder. Then moved and refused to be an elder any longer.

For some reason that pissed off the elders/co's etc.

From that time on I just faded away until 1992 when the elders found a charge they could use to df me.

I am the only jw I have heard of that was df'd for " fits of rage". This was right after I told the elders they needed the shit kicked out of them and went after one, but my son grabbed me and wouldn't let me.

All during that time, I never heard anything about a smurf. I did hear the one about the two angels and the sister.

Outoftheorg

• buriram
    buriram

2 sisters out in F/S and they call on the house of someone who practiced witchcraft ,while 1 sister was offering her mags the other sister could see in the hall way a body levitating and drifting up the stairway,

.............. anyone heard that before?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

An older 80-something anointed man at my Hall was teaching people that even Mickey Mouse was demonized because animals don't talk, and it was mimicking how Satan used the snake in the Garden of Eden! Stoooooooooooooooopid!!!!

So that would mean anything Disney would be demonized.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I remember one lady said that she had to get rid of her troll dolls because they were flying around her garage! I would love to see that, hee hee.

Remember trolls? They were popular when I was young in the 70ies.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Word on the street was that a young child went to the circuit assembly with his parents. The child brought a little stuffed toy with him. However, this wasn't just any cute cuddly stuffed toy. This was one of those little blue demons that worldy people call Smurfs. Anyways, the stuffed little Smurf, got up in the middle of the assembly and walked out the door. Apparently the demon inside the stuffed toy could no longer take the "light" and "truth" inside the assembly hall and had to get out with the quickness.

If the "light" and "truth" was so offensive to the demon it would have made more sense for him to come out of the smurf. That way the demon's exit could have been much swifter than that provided by the smurf's short little legs. I guess no one knows if the smurf drove home or took the bus.

W

• lowden
    lowden

Is this thread REAL????

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit