APOSTA - DOCU - TOUR USA 2007!

by LennyinBluemont 20 Replies latest jw friends

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

APOSTA-DOCU-TOUR U.S.A. 2007!!

OK, folks, this is just in the dream stage right now and may not materialize for any number of reasons. But right now I’m treating it as a distinct possibility. Here’s the deal. I have felt inclined for some time now to do a documentary/expose on the WT. I have no experience in this vein, although I did recently take a short (very short) course at a local university on digital film-making. I’ve spent many hours pounding out outlines and some script, as well as verbalizing video shots. But so far, it’s not going anywhere.

Then I recently (about 2 months ago) was able to make contact with an old JW friend I haven’t seen in maybe 15 years. We contacted them with the hope that they either had left the Borg or were at least willing to examine some evidence. Well, it turns out they have been out for nine years now! They were both raised as JWs and he was at WT Farms for some time. The other night he calls me and tells me he’s planning on taking a cross country motorcycle trip. He just bought a Triumph Bonneville about a year ago, and he’s a professional photographer. He wants to spend 4 to 6 weeks and do a kind of photo documentary of people in small towns.

It’s been over 30 years since I’ve been on a motorcycle (I’m 55 now) but the idea has been slowly germinating in my brain to join him, as touring cross-country on a motorcycle has always been a dream of mine. He has agreed to have me come along. What I’d like to do is bring a video camera with me and record as many of you as would be willing to give an on-camera interview. Maybe just 15 or 30 minutes each. This would give me some raw footage that I could either use as the basis for the documentary, or could be footage that I weave in and out of the basic story I tell to give it flavor. If there are 30 or 40 of you who think you might be willing to do that, it would be good if you could tell me your general location. Just city and state would be fine for now. That way, I could put everyone on the map and then "connect the dots" to optimize my travel route westward and then eastward (I’m in Virginia.) I'm not looking for meals or accomodations. I'll have a tent and sleeping bag and won't be a burden on anyone. I'm paying my own way if I do this.

What would you say? Maybe you could just put together what you would say to your best friend, or relative who’s still an active JW. Or what you would say to active JWs in general. The tone and language should be kind and loving (since this may be for general consumption) but the content can be whatever you feel you want to make a statement about, no holds barred.

Again, it’s just in the dream stage, but please give me some feedback! I’m already looking at bikes!

Uncle Lenny

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

That sounds cool. Put Columbia, MO on your map!!

shelley

• XU
    XU

Olympia, WA My aunt and uncle might want in on that too! Over 100 years combined service. We have extra rooms.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Ventura County California. Camarillo - to be exact.

(I've got an extra room, too)

-Aude.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Wow! Three invites already! At the very least, if this happens, I'll burn a compilation DVD as a courtesy to all those who participated. OK, that's Washington, California and Missouri. There's 45 states left! Hey Brant (uninformed), you oughta get in on this! DocBob, too!

• DocBob
    DocBob

Hey Lenny,

Count me in. We have a number of exJWs here in the Maine, NH, MA area. I'd love to join you for part of the ride. Please keep me informed as your plans start to gel.

Bob

• heathen
    heathen

sounds like one of those Michael Moore exsposes .........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm surprised he hasn't done something on religion and cults .

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Lenny,

Come to Pittsburgh. I'll take you to CTR's pyramid.

HappyDad

• jimbo
    jimbo

Uncle Lenny!!!!

I live in Idaho along one of the most senic Bike routes in North America. Very high on Harley Riders list.

Maybe you could stop by. If my three wheeler is done by then I might join you for a ways.

jimbo

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Dallas, Texas! We've got some FINE apostates around here!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit