Did you go to meetings while on vacation?

by LovesDubs 36 Replies latest jw friends

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

In the beginning I did faithfully go to meetings while on vacation, sometimes even going to more than one of the same meeting.

Not anymore though, especially since I realized that meetings cause the stress which necessitates taking a vacation.

I don't even take meeting clothes on vacation anymore.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yes ...i loved meeting new friends...got invited back to loads of folks for meals, desert, superbowl, bbqs or cong outings...twas great fun and often led to folk coming to see us in scotland or having us back to stay on future visits...

except orlando...they hardly noticed us

rarely did fs though..

miss it miss it miss it

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    We did visit this really nice hall in Canada once and they had some hot brothers there!

So THAT'S where we met!

We sometimes went to meetings when we were on camping trips. We must of looked like total losers coming out of our tents wearing suits and flowery dresses.

W

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Not only no, but hell no. I wouldn't have wasted my time doing that, a vacation is a vacation. My wife wanted too and my daughter also but I told them then you drive yourselves I am staying here at the pool and sipping some drinks.

• choosing life
    choosing life

We usually went to 1 meeting at least when on vacation. I never wanted to, but had to "follow my head". There were times that we met nice people who invited us to lunch. but we never really kept up any friendships. We went in field service too.

Now I am very happy to relax on vacation and never consider dressing up now. We did meet one family that we became friends with, I forgot. Mostly about our kids playing together and them trying to get us to move there so they could have some friends, as most of their small congregation was elderly.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

The big assemblies every summer WERE our vacations!!! How sad is that? Remember when the assemblies lasted about a week? When I was small we went to New York City in 1958, to Dallas TX, the race track in Miami FL, etc. We always managed to do some sight seeing and went to the beach if the city was near one. (Been lurking - hope this works)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

it worked...

so welcome

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome menemene tekel and parsin!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Like some,the Big Assembly was the vacation..If it was a camping trip we`d have a WatchTower Study on sunday..Dumb ass parents!...OUTLAW

• solo
    solo

Didn't you just love the goody goody family who always brought the love back

so the speaker at the meeting would say something like:

"The Goody Goody family have brought the love back from the brothers at the blah blah blah Congregation in blah blah blah land"

yuck, I felt like vomiting, the creeps! Still at least you knew they had suffered on their holiday!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit