105 Years in the Watchtower Service

by concerbedbf 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• concerbedbf
    concerbedbf

good point, that may be the key. There has been several occasions where she asks '' if this is not the truth then what is?" The only problem that beyond telling her the simple answere "jesus", most churches dont pretend to have all the answeres and have everything figured out. Many times they offer their opinion or perspective. There is much more uncertainty on many things. I would like her to see the point of view of the salvation by grace aspect of christianity.

I guess i just want her to think for herself, and not have the need to be spoonfed canned answers.

• elatwra
    elatwra

maybe point out the pride and the audacity in actually thinking that they know everything.Point out that even in the bible oftentimes the acts of people are merely mentioned and judgement is not passed (especially in genesis). And then the JW come and claim to personally have all the answers. I find churches that say "we do not have all the answers yet" honest and refreshing...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

I can't comment on this video, as I've never heard of it, but there is plenty of information on the internet anyway. The Quotes site is a very good resource, as it shows the jws constantly - changing doctrines, and exposes the man - made nature of their religion. Here's the link:

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/home.html

Look at the flip flops section, that shows how many times they have changed their mind on some beliefs.

good luck!

• RU Saved
    RU Saved

He is a slick television preacher who has built a life around trashing other religions. He strikes me as a televangelist in the 1980's tradition of bad suits and self righteous indignation. Try some of the videos on the net instead, they're free.

W. Once

Do you not like him because he has said things that are wrong or because he is making money off of his opinion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit