A most notable bible verse

by Ade 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ade
    Ade

Ecc 12:12 "And further, from these, my son, be warned; the making of many books hath no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh."

In this verse There is a fluent sweetness to the eyes of the ones seeking Gods love and a sharp bite to those who lose love and become a mere student of words offering up argumentations of men from their doctrines. It has exceptional applicability in numerous situations, possibly even to people who keep trying to offer you extra biblical literature.

Ade

Howzit agentsmith, geniet die dag man

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Er hold on soldier - the rest of the surrounding verses aren't so supportive of your conclusion:

¶ Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.

The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.

The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

• Ade
    Ade

err soldier Your point being ??

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

That the words here aren't denigrating scholarly works nor literature but was neatly summing up what they all mean. We actually have no need of any scriptures but the golden rule but the bible is a good helpful tool.

• Ade
    Ade

I can actually see your point, however i didnt take the text out of context, resting on the latter two verses
    13Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Reading extra literature you know to be incorrect from Gods standpoint, is worthless and wearisome.

If a person stands as a Christian he should need only one book, for how can we point to the Jw's saying they must always use extra literature weh nin truth we do the same .Where would many peoples Faith stand without the books provided by their religion ??

If more than the bible was needed God would have provided it

Respectfully
    Ade

• Ade
    Ade

This obviously counts whether one accepts the bible as the word of God.

All the best
    Ade

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I honestly don't think God provided the bible (collection of books) at all. Men did. Most inspired by God to write what they could where they could but certainly not an exhaustive treatise on God's dealings with man otherwise I'd shake my head and suggest that the greatest being did a pretty poor job. If God had provided the bible we wouldn't be arguing over it nor wondering which parts are genuine and not fiction.

I believe the bible to be a great effort of man and a condescension of God. When a man has the spirit of God he has no need of a bible (remember the gift of the spirit was given to a christian population that was so illiterate that the letters and tracts that were eventually made into the bible could only be understood when read out aloud.) If we deify the book we splinter into factions.

Also of course being Mormon I accept more books and await an avalanche of inspired ancient records at some point that will make our current Bible look pretty puny...but that's another story.

• Ade
    Ade

If God had provided the bible we wouldn't be arguing over it nor wondering which parts are genuine and not fiction.

I believe the bible to be a great effort of man and a condescension of God. When a man has the spirit of God he has no need of a bible (remember the gift of the spirit was given to a christian population that was so illiterate that the letters and tracts that were eventually made into the bible could only be understood when read out aloud.) If we deify the book we splinter into factions.

i cant understand the reasoning here my friend - no offense intended, if a man has the spirit of God, and writes a part of the bible or any religious writings, then God has led his spirit to write it, therefore either the bible is written of people with Godly spirit or not, this is contrary to your post.

Respectfully
    Ade

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Just being literal - There is very very little in the bible that is verbatum Jesus or God quotes. When a man is inspired he of necessity feels that which language alone cannot describe and must write in his own style and manner his(or her) best approximation of what has occured. I am very aryan in that I think mankind is the literal offspring of Deity and hence is magnificent, God allows us to write imperfectly (though in many cases brilliantly and powerfully) but scripture or inspired words alone do not bridge the gap between child and parent. The bible is a very flawed record of God's dealings with us but is an excellent compass toward our own journey to communicate to and experience our Father.

• Ade
    Ade

I see,
    therefore we must conclude that in this matter we wouldnt come to an agreement, as i feel either a writing is inspired or is not.And any such letter/tract i read that is contrary to the document of God ( as i see it to be ) is a worthless persuasion of Satan. Hence i read very little or accept very little other than the bible.I am thus skeptical of all religion and its writings.For i believe we worship in faith and Love .

God bless you and yours
    Ade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit