WATCHTOWER loses in court!

by Nathan Natas 126 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Still - who said "we got what we wanted" ... gotcha! Congrats on the win.

What do you think the likelihood is that you will get a PMK w/i the Legal Department who will respond in a full manner to questions posed? To often we hear about the selective memory of those who testify on behalf of the WTBTS. The "don't recall" and "don't know" approach to deposition questions is not uncommon for them.

I apologize because I have not read the pleadings, but are the telememos forms filled out by the BOE when someone has been reported as a per in the congo? And if so, I am confused as to how this can be deemed privileged when it sounds like it is a form that is used more as a custom and practice, so how would the party who is filling it out know it came from the "legal department" and thus be deemed communication with counsel?

• V
    V

Awesome work, thank you to all involved!

• KW13
    KW13

i think this is brilliant, but will there it affect witnesses globally or nationally in the US enough to make an impact?

i know it seems like i'm asking a stupid question but i really want to know, and i'm hoping the answer is yes.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

HOLY COW!!!!!

That is GREAT NEWS!!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Doesn't any Watchtower defence attorney have a conscience? How can anyone defend such heinous crimes?

The Watchtower lawyers are not working this one; they are not skilled or experienced enough, and the matter is too important.

They have hired private firms to represent them.

• Anitar
    Anitar

I think this is a good time to have a moment of silence for the victims of both JW and nonJW pedofiles everywhere...

I think a big underlying issue here is the courts nationwide finally becoming aware of this problem. I think the reason this took so long is because there was little or no legal precedent for this kind of case. Many have heard about the Catholic Church scandal, and while there were many individual hypocrites, this is quite a different story.

You see, this organization is founded on the very basis of hypocracy, especially the attitude toward child abuse. Here is where the typical JW would condem me. So I say to him/her, no matter what you say, the facts are still the facts. The very things you people say now to defend your beloved watchtower are exactly the things that a hot shot lawer will one day use against you in court. Because to be honest, this case is a lawyer's dream. At the end of the day, how does it feel to be in an organization like this?

This is exactly the type of case that some lawers like to ride all the way to victory. This is the quintessential underdog story. This has the potental to be an international bombshell, far surpassing the Catholic Church in the sheer revolting hypocracy of it all.

Anitar

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Gill:

What you pointed out is probably true. Sadly, there are probably many misguided JWs who think this is persecution. But, how DARE anybody think this is persecution!

They are simply being exposed NOT persecuted! There is a difference.

LHG

• DannyHaszard
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

Wow! Im not surprized. I hope the Catholic Church gets ahold of this and tells their members that every time a JW comes to their door to question them on this matter. It makes me sick to think that my donations in the past went towards such perverts as this. Thanks for posting this much needed information.

Mrs. C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit