Fuzzy Right-of-Way Rules Leads to Pathetic, Awkward, Theocratic Dork Fight

by Check_Your_Premises 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    And unfortunately, this was true!!

Really? I don't know that much about the mormons, just stuff I have run across in my unfortunate need to learn all about cults. It just popped into my head and somehow I had a feeling it was probably true.

If I was a creepy old bastard, I would join the mormons. How else would you get a 20yr old wife!

Sorry about the mental image when you had the little mormons at your door. You know that as soon as something funny gets in your head, it will come up at some inoportune time.

CYP

• carla
    carla

So take I it same old by you? Good therapy you got going there. I do those stories in my head all the time. Only I put actual names to mine! Sometimes if you don't keep a sense of humor about the dubs you will end up joining them in the funny farm.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Sometimes if you don't keep a sense of humor about the dubs you will end up joining them in the funny farm.

"If we couldn't laugh we would go insane"

• bebu
    bebu

Actually, CYP, Brigham had over 20 wives... I don't think any of them were pre-pubescent or anything. He did marry several women who were much younger than he was.

http://www.cc.utah.edu/~jay/Brigham_Young/Brigham_Young.html

OTOH Joseph Smith married (among many others) a 14-yr old, (and he also reportedly proposed marriage to a 12-yr old, but did not marry her).

http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/

Just clarifyin'.

bebu

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

CYP,

That was great. Nice Buffett reference by the way.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

CYP,

The only problem I saw with it was that I have never met a Mormon who backed down from a fight, and they don't fight like girls. I have also played football with some Mormons, including Mormon missionaries. We are talking about guys who often grew up knowing how to hunt, going camping regularly, preparing for voluntary service in the U.S. Military (a very common thing for Mormon youths to do), these aren't the wilting pansies that JW youths are, having been taught never to fight unless you have to fight.

But it was still hilarious.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• daystar
    daystar

I was laughing my ass off! ... until Auldsoul had to ruin the fun... Although, he is right.

I have a cousin who is a mormon (or was), and he was pretty much an "All-American" sort of guy, kung fu, football team, basketball team... all dreamy and $h!t...

I think in reality, the headline would have more likely read "Neighborhood Violence Turns to Non-Event as JW Youths Beat Futilely Upon Mormons' Chests"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit