A 30 minute sermon dispelling jw's

by esw1966 7 Replies latest jw friends

• esw1966
    esw1966

Here is an interesting 30 minute sermon about what jw's believe and where their beliefs conflict with the Bible.

Frontage Roads
    (Mormonism & Jehovah’s Witnesses)
    November 23–24, 2002
    Pastor Bob Marvel
    Audio: download | stream ( help )
    Notes ( PDF )

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Just push stream or download.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Well, how much did you enjoy it? And why? Please do tell...

INQ

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

What a crock of rubbish. Pot calling the kettle black.

• esw1966
    esw1966

I personally liked thinking of the organization as being built by 3 presidents who each died as false prophets.

I enjoyed the fact that when left to just the Bible that people revert to 'normal christianity' after two years.

I liked hearing that they were 'good' people simply on the wrong road. That there IS a correct road which is basically Jesus not any particular religion.

I have a strong faith. I know that doesn't bode well in a place of vengeful angry people who have not gotten over there anger against the society and given up on searching for something God has done and given us - love, forgiveness, and life and freedom.

I think to truly move on you must leave the society and find what it is they covered up that is so good for man.

So, for me, I enjoyed the affirmation that my journey OUT of 'the truth' is a correct choice.

• daystar
    daystar
    I know that doesn't bode well in a place of vengeful angry people who have not gotten over there anger against the society and given up on searching for something God has done and given us - love, forgiveness, and life and freedom.

Woah... Since I don't care for Christian antics generally anyway, I didn't listen to that. But I think you're painting everyone here with a pretty broad brush there.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

When any organisation puts itself in the place of another and claims to be more correct than another then it needs more than a few scriptural quotes and some happy clapping to back it up. Many JWs are ex-born-agains, ex-Catholics, ex-Protestants and ex-Mormons so its only a merry go round of believers stopping off at the next stall in the fairground. Each church digging on the next one reminds me of the fun of politics where no-one really has the best answer but that doesn't stop them rubbishing the opposition to make themselves look better and to gain more influence over the guillable. This is a classic JW tactic that sadly we see other christian faiths and ministers aping. When will churches stop claiming they are right based upon sola scriptura.

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

I have to admit I saw "sermon" in the title and couldn't be bothered to listen to it.

I personally liked thinking of the organization as being built by 3 presidents who each died as false prophets.

Can't argue with that.

I enjoyed the fact that when left to just the Bible that people revert to 'normal christianity' after two years.

Ask me in 2 years if i'm Christian.

I liked hearing that they were 'good' people simply on the wrong road. That there IS a correct road which is basically Jesus not any particular religion.

If Jesus floats your boat, so be it. Not my thing though. Ask this to a Bornean tribes person and he'll say "Jesus who?". Are people Christian because Christianity is the "truth" or because they are western? The vast majority of the world would disagree with you on this (Muslims/ Chinese etc). People are a particular religion because they are born into it - no other reason.

I have a strong faith. I know that doesn't bode well in a place of vengeful angry people who have not gotten over there anger against the society and given up on searching for something God has done and given us - love, forgiveness, and life and freedom.

I am not angry with the society. I don't think the majority of ex-JWs are either.

I think to truly move on you must leave the society and find what it is they covered up that is so good for man.

To each their own.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

True, but here's where I disagree with you, esw: There is no single path to self-fulfilment.

If Christianity works for you, great! However, the foundations of your newfound Christian revival should not be based upon fault-finding of another religion. The sermon you've just described is just that.

So it is rather ironic that you speak of "vengeful, angry people" on JWD when you take delight in a sermon that is aimed at mocking the errors of the JWs.

INQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit