My Trip to the Dentist's Torture Chamber

by Alpheta 27 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

You guys are so funny. If I didn't know it was a real fear for you I would laugh. But I really do feel for all of you.

Like I said before, the worse thing for me is a flat butt after sitting so long and that feeling like you're going to slip out the head end of that reclining chair. Seems like they have you almost standing on your head!

Juni

• Gill
    Gill

Alpheta - You have my sympathies!

I tend to have my 'work done' unless its a big job like a root canal, WITHOUT anaesthetic! Sounds like I'm a sick wacko job but No! I react badly to anesthetic so the dentist works slowly and carefully with local. My sister was impressed last time she came to the dentist with me and I had a huge filling with NO anaesthetic! (So was the dentist and so was I!) She said there was blood flying everywhere and all she could see was one of my feet kept twitching. But I was cool! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! All right! Coolish!

Hope you're feeling much better now!

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

I like your idea about a silent drill, Mulan. I do wish they could invent one - that's half the terror, right there, just the sounds! I'd probably expire on the spot if I ever opened up my eyes long enough to see what they're actually putting inside my mouth. I'm getting heart palpitations just thinking about it.

You have a worse time than me at the dentist, you are a brave woman! Actually, we're ALL brave! We all deserve medals of honor for going to and surviving the dentist's chair. Unfortunately, with Halloween coming up, I'm sure I'll hear on the radio that old horror story about the guy who was having an affair with the dentist's wife going to THAT dentist - only the dentist KNEW - well, you can imagine the rest... I have a sick mind. A very sick mind...

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Yeah, Juni, come to think of it, I did have a flat butt too - and it felt real funny walking that mile home. Not having one's full booty puts one's balance off. Looking back, I'm surprised I didn't just keel right over. And my slacks were sort of damp feeling in the booty area, that is, where my booty should have been but wasn't because it was all squashed from being in the dentist's chair for so long - I sure hope I didn't wet myself, I expect it was just sweat because I didn't smell afterward. Then again, with half my head entirely frozen from all the novocaine, my nose probably wasn't working right at the time. Oh my.

My booty was not puffed back out to its normal bootilicious size by the time I got home. Then I deflated whatever inflation had come back by taking a 3 hour nap in my recliner that doesn't look like a recliner. I'm happy to report that the booty appears to be back to normal, and none the worse for wear.

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Gill, I fainted when I read your post.

• Gill
    Gill

Alpheta!!! No need to faint! If I have a local anaesthetic, for some reason it just knocks me out and makes me ill for a couple of days. No idea why, but after the last time, the dentist felt he couldn't cope with such an ill patient. So, though it was a LARGE filling he said we would try without local as I had managed without local a few times before that...only going AGGHHHHHHH!!!! a few times!

I was extremely proud of myself....so must be a bit of a sicko! However, I put it down to having had five kids including two 7lb twin boys! I KNOW that sooner or later the pain will end. Either that or I'll die!!

• Mystla
    Mystla

This was on Yahoo news today, cracked me up! Croatia tempts tourists with cheap dental care http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061016/od_nm/croatia_dentists_dc_1

I particularly enjoyed this line: "It is a perfect opportunity to combine holidays and dental care,"

LOL, that's what I want to do on vacation.. get my teeth worked on!

Misty

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

It sounds like you have a lot of tolerance for pain, Gill. My mom once walked around on a broken hip for two days before one of my brothers-in-law finally forcibly carried her to the car and whisked her to the emergency room. She had six children. I have zero children and zero tolerance for pain - even the thought of pain! But I have heard that once a woman goes through childbirth, she can bear anything!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit