It Took You All - Thank you.

by BrendaCloutier 12 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

It Took You All 09/02/05 Brenda L. Cloutier This is for all the friends I’ve loved Some still there but most I’ve lost Our paths crossed and we walked for a while Until apart we grow each down a different aisle We played we smiled we laughed we cried We grieved together when one died I wish you all could know How much each means to me Every lesson learned Every passing fantasy It took you all for me to become The only friend I could be This is to my parent’s dear Raised me in love, not in fear My lessons learned your thoughts provoked To one-day stand, be on my own The intangibles were taught I used them daily, wasted not I wish you all could know How much you mean to me Every lesson learned Every reality It took you both for me to become The only daughter I could be This is to all the my lovers past Each one in succession my last My heart was broken bent and bruised Too many times bitterly used One flame burns brighter than the rest I love you so, enduring time’s tests I wish you all could know How much each means to me Every lesson learned Every passing grasp It took you all for me to become The only lover I could be This is to all who have gone before I thank you now and ever more For all who’ve taught me, fought me, freed me And those of you who still greet me You’ve shown me the way when life changed How to walk on; pass through the flame I wish you all could know How much each means to me Every lesson learned Every passing dream It took you all for me to become The only person I could be

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Beautiful poem.

Thanx for sharing.

Jeff

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Beautiful, thanks for sharing

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

(applause) Brenda, that is so simply eloquent. Thank you, chere. You have such a Talent!

Frannie

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Thank y'all

As you can see I wrote it in a moment of gratitude 13 months ago. I am grateful for everyone I've met - in real life and on the boards.

Hugs and love to you all.

• JH
    JH

Nice poem Brenda !!!

You have talent.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Really lovely poem, Brenda! (((((((((()))))))))

I wrote one the other day from the perspective of my being dead but still having feeling. Not knowing how my illness might turn out, though I am positive, I wrote down what I'd miss:

DEAD MAN'S LAMENT

Ian Hinze

I wish I could see my mother
    To tell her how much I love her

I wish I could see my father
    To tell him how much I'd rather
    We had been closer

I wish I could see my brother
    To tell him he's above any other

I wish I could see my sister
    To tell her how much I miss her

I wish I could see my boys
    To tell them they're my joys

I wish I could see my girls
    To tell them they're my pearls

I wish I could see my wife
    For she is EVERYTHING in life.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

*snif* ((((( Ian )))))))

• lawrence
    lawrence

Brenda & Ian-

Thank you.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I send this out to many of my email contacts, inlcuding my oldest step-sister (she's 70 now). She wrote back simply asking if I wrote it. I wrote back simply "Yes, I did last year." I havent heard back from her. I wasn't sure if I should send it or not, only because of the stanza on lovers past. I'm just curious if I'll get any further response from her on it. She's very friendly toward me, but she does like to hide her head in the sand over things non-JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit