POLL: Do You Believe In The Bible or God At All???

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

At this point in your life, do you believe in God or any parts of the Bible as being God's Word???

• Dansk
    Dansk

NO!

Ian

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes I still think there is a God. I believe the bible is a good book but contains a lot of artfully contrived stories that have pretty obviously been heavily edited and altered by others - revisionist

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

min, what do you mean by God?

steve

• jstalin
    jstalin

Nope. Read the Bible and decided that it couldn't possibly be a true record of a diety's work on earth.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Yes to both, but it doesn't seem that EVERY word in the Bible is straight from God. (Thanks to Bart Ehrman and his book "Misquoting Jesus". At this point in my journey, it seems that the important messages were preserved there i.e. love God with your whole being and love your neighbor as yourself, etc. I also believe in a God who takes an active role in human affairs, controlling events as needed to eventually fulfill prophecy and answering prayers.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

NO. I do not believe in god, and I see the bible as a book of fairy tales just about on a par with the brothers Grimm.

• JH
    JH

Yes and Yes

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

hmmm .... explain what you mean when you say 'god'.

as far as the bible goes. in some ways i think it is a good book. but one to be a guide to how i live my life? No. i don't need a book to tell me what to do and not to do. there is a greater more accurate something inside of me that tells me that.

and historically speaking ... half of the bible i don't believe truly happened ~ just nice stories with some underlying teachings that can be twisted and turned depending on who is telling them.

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit