Older WT quote reveals attitude toward disfellowshipped family members

by OnTheWayOut 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry
    the Governing Body tells a faithful spouse of an apostate to just be a whore.

Sister OnTheWayOut, the WT did not say that. You're showing evidence of a haughty attitude.

The Society has simply stated that it would be appropriate to provide a full service sexual payment as due compensation for "material benefits". This business exchange is similar to the one that the Society has with various governments. Only Christendom is a whore, you know that.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

How does the husband or wife feel during intercourse when they would rather be legally allowed to kill the apostate spouse?

How does the apostate feel at that moment, knowing the good feelings he or she is getting from their spouse are
    not reciprocated? They either wish you could be killed, or they are just paying you for cooking/ cleaning/ paying
    the rent.

I am against it. I can't believe I fell for this crap.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Glad yer here Perry. I wasn't the only person who heard these discouraging words. Mostly I grieve for my brother. He's 22 month younger than me and he took much more abuse than I did, and it scarred him so bad he's struggled much of his life.

It all affected me and I didn't make it. A version of who I might have been survived.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

My mother was a jw starting in the late 1920's. I was born in 1935. I can recall being afraid of my mother, when she would talk about non believers or those who were stoned to death in biblical times.

She would seem to be enjoying it and one time she told me that she wished she could send me to the religious leaders as was done in ancient jewish times. I think she mentioned that when a child was around 5 yrs, old, being sent to live with the religious leaders was a great gift to the family.

These things always kept me a 5 yr old, afraid of my mom and what she might do to me.

In the 1940's during ww 2 the conventions were often attacked by angry people who looked at jw's as almost as dangerous as foreign agents. But my mom would be all gung ho and turned on by the possible fights and attacks from angered supporters of their country. After all she had GOD on her side. His name was Rutherford.

One time my mom took me a 5 yr old to a convention in a large city, where whe went out to sell or give the wt publications on street corners. A small crowd of angry people started yelling at us. I was scared to death, petrified.

A young woman came up and yelled at my mother to get this little boy out of here. What the hell is the matter with you, taking this child out here in these conditions.

I can still feel the relief and love for that young woman and her protecting me. My mom finally did and while I was petrified with fear she was proud to have stood up to the crowds to support her god.

A drunken, immoral, attorney Rutherford.

I have often wondered, what she might have done. If her god told her to put her child to sleep with??

Outoftheorg

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

My mum talked wistfully about stoning when I was disfellowshipped; she told me I was lucky we weren't Israelites or they'd have had to throw the first one.

The parent must by laws of God and of man fulfill his parental obligations to the child or children as long as they are dependent minors, and the child or children must render filial submission to the parent as long as legally underage or as long as being without parental consent to depart from the home. Of course, if the children are of age, then there can be a departing and breaking of family ties in a physical way, because the spiritual ties have already snapped.

Last week my Dad said that he doesn't believe the expression 'blood is thicker than water' - he says that sometimes blood doesn't matter.

It's possible that I've always thought more highly of my parents than they deserved.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry to hear that Sass.

We're glad you're here. JWD is thicker than water.

• Perry
    Perry

Glad yer here too Gary!

I happen to like your particular version

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks Perry, I like the personality you have become as well.

Hope you have a great week.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11, AS

The Watchtower's brothers must be the Al-Qaeda. You know, how they want to kill all of the infidels.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Even though they no longer say they wish that apostates could be killed, they anxiously perpepuate that attitude for family and friends, meanwhile teaching children (and adults) that Jehovah will kill them later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit