Peace Security & Touching Jehovah's Eyeball

by Undine 12 Replies latest jw friends

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Hello Undine:

Check out this URL below. It provides some interesting information on "Peace & Security" and Jehovah's Witnesses.

Any questions, e-mail me.

> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=11937&site=3#144758

bjc

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Undine,

Farkel has already said much of what I wanted to say, but I'll add that you've had this Watchtower melodrama played in your imagination so many times it would be remarkable if it did NOT surface in response to stressful events.

Keep breathing, and repeat, "It was only a bad dream, it was only a bad dream." You can de-program yourself. It will take time, and the effort to consciously remind yourself each time a Watchtower prophecy falls on its face. There will be bad events in the future, and there will be good events in the future, and the Watchtower will correctly predict NONE of them.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Undine: You asked,

"also, I wonder what other "people" are preaching about God's Kingdom as being a real government to solve mankind's very real problems ... and who else "teaches" us about why it is that we "grow old and die?"

There are some things to consider here. Is the mesage about a real Divine Government to intervene in human affairs truly from the Bible, or just a 'spin' created by an organization that has already proven to be less than credible to patently false on all other issues and doctrines?

But, many others teach similar things. The Sunni Mulsims (A branch of Islam) teaches a paradise earth under Allah's rule of Theocracy. The Mormons teach a paradise earth, as do 7th Day Adventists, and others. There is an organization boasting 15 million (twice that of the Watch Tower Society) called the Apostolic Faith (or something like that) that has a nearly identical doctrine and organization structure which teaches a paradise earth. They also preach and teach publicly, but most of their activity are in Europe and Africa. So that is why we hear little of them.

The Watch Tower has a long track record of using serious world crisis to promote thier idea of the Last Days, Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, and Armageddon. they are by no means alone. If you watch Trinity Broadcasting Network and other similar major Christian stations, you will find Hal Lindsay, Van Ankerburgh (sp), and Jack Van Impe all making interesting claims, prophetic speculations, ad nausium.

It is all part of Jesus warning to us not to follow those who proclaim the end times, and who warned us of false prophets, and who said they were really wolves in sheep's clothing. Of any prophecy Jesus ever gave, this one has been the most fulfilled.

Here are a couple of interesting verses:

Matt 7:15-16: "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves. By their fruits you shall know them. Do (men) gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"

In my opinion, the 'fuits' of the Watch Tower Society speak for themselves, thus discrediting anything else they may do as false witnesses.

Luke 21:8: "And he said, Take heed that you are not led astray: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am (he); and, The time is at hand: do not follow after them."

The book Sign of the Last Days - When? by Carl Olaf Jonnson shows that the signs Jesus spoke of were not signs of his presense or coming, but what Jesus patently stated "not" to be afraid of for the 'End is not yet.' Rather, near the conclusion of Matt. 24 Jesus finally gave the only sign of his presense - that is - a sudden and speedy and surprising end with no doubt or confusion, and without all the revisions of saying that they expected the wrong thing at the right time, or progressive light, etc.

No, Jesus said it very clear, and any religion like the Jehovah's Witnesses who make claims as they do are treading where even angels dare not walk.

You asked, "Am I alone in my being perplexed about this issue revolving around this ultimate "final sign and supposed prophecy?"

You are not alone. But I hope that the above will be helpful to you in setting this perplexity aside and move forward more.

Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit