Whats the funniest/most bizarre comment heard from the audience during a WT

by chiddy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• solo
    solo

during a jw wedding there was the happy couple's study sitting proudly in the second but front row. He had brought their wedding present which was in a very crinkly bag under his chair. During the vows he was sitting bent over ferreting with this bag and it was making quite a noise (he was a bit on the deaf side) someone shusshed him and he turned round and in a VERY LOUD voice said "alright I'll go home then" I still laugh about it now, he was persuaded to stay

then there was the stroppy sister whose kids were always crying, she used to sit at the front, so to take the kid out she would ram it in a buggy and go storming down the middle aisle, half way was a bit of a ramp, she would push the push chair with all her might and it would take off and come slamming down and a second after so would the kid. everyone would snigger

did you ever get a snoorer behind you, now that was funny

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

A lady sitting in the back of the hall raised her hand, and only had one finger up. The guy called on her "Yes, the sister with the finger in the rear" Everybody choked up!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

We had this older eccentric sister in our hall who talked very slow and loud (never needed a mic). The study article was about buying out time to do personal studding or something along those lines when the conductor called on her she said " Well you see Bros. Soandso since I have an unbelieving mate some times the only private time I have to study is in the loo. I get a lot of reading done while sitting on the pot."

The whole audience was cracking up and the conductor looked like a human thermometer turning very red, he was speechless and simply asked the reader to read the next paragraph while he tried to compose himself.

• becca1
    becca1

A local Br. was giving a talk and a Br. had fallen asleep in the front row. In time the Brother's snoring grew so loud that the speaker asked the brother next to him to wake hime up to which the Brother replied, "You put him to sleep, you wake him up." - The laughter woke him!

I had a public talk at a neighboring congregation, and my wife and I were sitting behind this stately looking older couple, during the watchtower study. About half way through the study, the older sister pinched her finger on the side of her chair, and in a very clear and distinct voice, cried out "GODDAMN IT"! I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the meeting! Even had a hard time saying the closing prayer.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

During a final prayer one of our elders asked:

Please help us Jehovah to be ready for the thousand year race.

Guess we better buy a good pair of running shoes before the big A.

Slim

• M.J.
    M.J.

Schism, what's with that half-fast post? LMAO at that one.

• lowden
    lowden

During one Service Meeting a brother was giving a talk relating how many young people commit suicide, giving examples of how they did it and figures from different countries about how many suicides took place. Really depressing talk.

After expounding his unhappy facts, he opened it up to the audience. "How does all that make you feel brothers"?

In the audience was a 'study' who was obviously not used to the procedure for answering.

After a few seconds of silence the 'study' shouted out......."SUICIDAL". Laugh? Oh yeah.

Peace

Lowden

• zev
    zev

usually it was a FART.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    "You put him to sleep, you wake him up."

That one made me about pee my pants!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest