Speaker Podiums at the KH

by limbogirl 13 Replies latest jw friends

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

First, I love this DB -- where else can I muse about something as random as speaker podiums and people all over the world know what I'm talking about!

LeslieV: No kidding!! wow, a whole enterprise based on speaker podiums! Curious as to whether they sell to anyone besides dubs?

Stephanus: Exactly what I was thinking, too -- what a strange consumer base. I wonder what would happen should another dub decide to compete? Would the original manufacturer heed the "no compete clause" that is so much a part of dub life? or would there be a pricing war and advertising campaign?

WasAnElder Once: LOL!!! Would be hard to take anyone serious who was lecturing from a stand with a big wts logo on it, not to mention switching a car window mechanism to make the thing go up and down.

Wozadummy: BINGO!!

thanks for the laughs!
    LimboGirl

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I wonder what would happen should another dub decide to compete? Would the original manufacturer heed the "no compete clause" that is so much a part of dub life? or would there be a pricing war and advertising campaign?

It's hard to predict. A lot of these Dub servicing businesses seem to exist in a grey area - the WBTS doesn't like having anybody trading on their "good name", yet Dubs love to deal with Dub businesses, esp. where the business produces materials they can use in their day to day Dub lives. Some years back, the WBTS cracked down on pro-Dub websites and forced a Dub friendly software operation out of business, yet they don't seem as worried about more traditional material such as Bible-covers and the like. So two competing Dub businesses that got too much attention might not be seen too favourably by Brooklyn.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

For along time my family only sold to JW's. Now they have opened it up to others, since there is a large market for speaker stands, and other misc furniture. I do believe most of their business is still JW's.

Your question about what would happen if there was competition? I am not sure, but my family has been in the business since the 60's so have pretty much sewn up all the competition. They even send speaker stands to Kingdom Halls all over the world. Like I said it supports three families in comfortable lives now.

Leslie

• VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit