Help needed in getting df'd

by Tras 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tras
    Tras

Not good. What if she were to begin asking these questions to other witnesses? Surely the elders wouldn't want her casting doubt throughout the congregation? She would just need to make it seem like these are just issues that concern her, or that she needs answers to because these questions were posed during her service work.

• carla
    carla

How about just bringing the UN documents to a meeting and asking others what they thought? Surely that would get her butt kicked outta' there?!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Step 1: Ask for proof of the Governing Body and Faithful and Discreet Slave being chosen by God. They will play up the organization as proof, will point to the "worldwide preaching work" (which is being dnoe on a greater scale by quite a lot of religions), and will note that the other religions do not teach the truth from the Bible. This is the answer they are SCRIPTED to respond with.

Step 2: Ask about the other religions that have a more extensive preaching effort going on (i.e. Evangelicals, Mormons, Catholics). They will respond by redirecting attention to the fact that the other religions aren't teaching the truth from the Bible.

Step 3: Make very sure to ask whether ALL the teachings and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses are based on the Bible. They will say yes. I recommend writing the question and the answer down after asking it, and getting them to agree that what is written is correct.

Step 4: Pull out Reasoning from the Scriptures and turn to the section on Organization. Find the question: "How can Jehovah’s visible organization in our day be identified?" on page 283.

Step 5: Ask them to review the list and verify that any organization that does not measure up cannot be Jehovah's organization. They will verify that an organization would meet these requirements if it is Jehovah's organization. Rephrase the question again; If Jehovah's Witnesses do not meet these requirements, are Jehovah's Witnesses Jehovah's organization? They will probably not answer you. They will be thinking you are an apostate, at this point (if not before), for even asking.

Step 6: Tell them you have three teachings you want to have Scriptural support for, ni order to determine that Jehovah's Witnesses ARE Jehovah's organization. (1) Ask them to demonstrate Biblically that a person is required to preach BEFORE Christian baptism. (2) Ask them to demonstrate Biblically that the men gathered at Acts 15 were chosen to represent all Christians (a conjectured teaching that they use to lend authority to the Governing Body). (3) Ask them to demonstrate Biblically that elders are authorized to hold secret trials to judge guilt, innocence, or repentance in place of the congregation.

None of these has ANY Scriptural basis. They CANNOT demonstrate the Scriptural basis for doctrines that have no Scriptural basis. But they DO disfellowship people who get too close to the truth about The Truthâ„¢.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    BluesBrother: You do not get disfellowshipped for asking questions.

You do get disfellowshipped for failing to accept the answers. You also get disfellowshipped for insisting that an answer be provided, especially a Scriptural answer to a teaching that did not arise from the Bible.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

AuldSoul has good ones here

Step 5 : Ask them to review the list and verify that any organization that does not measure up cannot be Jehovah's organization. They will verify that an organization would meet these requirements if it is Jehovah's organization. Rephrase the question again; If Jehovah's Witnesses do not meet these requirements, are Jehovah's Witnesses Jehovah's organization? They will probably not answer you. They will be thinking you are an apostate, at this point (if not before), for even asking.

Step 6 : Tell them you have three teachings you want to have Scriptural support for, ni order to determine that Jehovah's Witnesses ARE Jehovah's organization. (1) Ask them to demonstrate Biblically that a person is required to preach BEFORE Christian baptism. (2) Ask them to demonstrate Biblically that the men gathered at Acts 15 were chosen to represent all Christians (a conjectured teaching that they use to lend authority to the Governing Body). (3) Ask them to demonstrate Biblically that elders are authorized to hold secret trials to judge guilt, innocence, or repentance in place of the congregation.

After asking "If Jehovah's Witnesses do not meet these requirements, are Jehovah's Witnesses Jehovah's organization?" it could be pushed harder by asking "An organization that keeps separate from the world would have to stay out of religious and political organizations, right? If an organization joined the United Nations, it would not be Jehovah's organization, right?"

I, personally, will go with
    The organization is not infallible and sometimes our current understanding of the scriptures has to be adjusted, right?
    The same organization that adjusted it's understanding of Matthew 24:3, 32 (this generation) also wrote the NWT, right?
    Could their NWT need current adjustments anywhere else in that chapter?

• Lois
    Lois

Tras:

(1) In all due respect...why would you or anyone have to create something to be disfellowshipped? Simply stand up for your right and freedom and tell them..."I'm no longer a witness by my own choice (this is your freedom of speech and right to choose your own belief system) and you (the congregation of elders or organization) can do whatever you like with my membership because I really don't give a hoot.

(2) If they start their spill about you being spiritually weak or that you have been influenced by an evil force...you can tell them..." Love doesn't demand one to conform to ridiculous rules and regulations, truth doesn't give false information and prophesies, brotherly love doesn't allow family seperations, children or adults shouldn't die due to twisted reasoning of scriptures in reguard to medical treatment, etc... I have learned the truth and that is why I'm leaving this society."

(3) Your last statement could be..."End of subject...there will be no more discussion"

Now...what I have said here is pretty bold, but you have to be because you were given a free will and you have the right to exercise this gift. Practice being strong. Use the intelligent mind God gave you and don't allow them to feed you any more of their doctrines...research outside of J.W. literature to find the truth.

Good luck Tras...I'll be praying for your deliverance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit