Hate mail from jws

by dedpoet 32 Replies latest jw friends

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi, I rarely post on this forum nowadays, as Linda (fullofdoubtnow) tends to do the posting from this house, but I decided to post this myself. I am currently building an information website for local ex jws, along with a couple of ex jw friends, and recently received a couple of emails from a current jw who, according to him, stumbled on the site by accident, although it clearly states that it is an ex jw site. He found an article I had written on jw child abuse policy objectionable, although everything I have written, both in that article and the rest of the site, is verifiable, which I told him in my reply.

He has obviously either directed his jw friends to the site, or passed my email to them, as this morning when I logged in I discovered that I had received 53 emails, all allegedly from current jws berating me for the anti jw content of the site. I am currently considering what to do with this flood of what can only be described as hate mail, as most of them paint me as being an evil apostate who's only agenda is to try and destroy the watchtower's "good" reputation (they're right there!), and informing me of the terrible fate that awaits me when jehovah executes judgement on me and people like me. Some of the emails contain language one would not expect from genuine jws, along with various suggestions as to what I might go and do with myself, and my site, in the future.

I have no intention of posting any of the emails on this site. I will not give these morons a public platform to air their hateful comments,or replying to them personally, but I am considering copying the comments on to a Word document, along with the email addresses, and sending them to the jws headquarters in a few days. I imagine there may well be more of them coming in later, so I won't do that just yet.

Neither myself or Linda are particularly distressed by these comments, or even surprised. It's the sort of behaviour we have come to expect from jws anyway, having seen the antics of some of the apologists on JWD and it's rather amusing in a pathetic sort of way. As for my site, I will continue to add to the information to it as I see fit, and if a few jws get their knickers in a twist over it well, they shouldn't be looking anyway, as it is billed as a site for ex jws.

dedpoet

• carla
    carla

If you were rich, take out a full page ad. Start with your view on the jw's, maybe something from your site. Then include snippets of responses from the jw's, their email addresses available upon request. Where is your site?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi Carla.

That's not a bad idea! My site is on the Beehive network, which offersl ocal people and organisations a free website. I started at the suggestion of a friend, and haven't built it up as quickly as I would like, but have added a bit of content in the last few days while I have been on holiday. I will be making time to build it now though, if I have the jws attention it's worth it lol. Here is the url:

http://beehive.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/default.asp?WCI=SiteHome&ID=12882&PageID=78664&Admin=1

Any comments or suggestions, apart from the ones I had earlier, are welcome

dedpoet

edited to add - ignore the above link, there have been problems with it. If you want to view my site, click on this one

http://beehive.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/formerjws

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Carla echoes what I was thinking. Although if you give emails upon request, would that be legal?

But I think she's spot on with this one.

• carla
    carla

Ok, maybe you can't give the emails. But the editor may want to see if they are real. You could say, an email from Joe S claims that......

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    maybe you can't give the emails

Maybe not, but someone has been passing mine out. I checked the site, and there have been a couple of visits, yet I got over 50 emails. I think an email to the guy who originally complained might be in order.

• greendawn
    greendawn
    Where is the meek spirit towards the so called apostates? It is easily possible to prove that the JWs have apostasized from the gospel and the apostolic teachings in more than one way.
  • blondie
    blondie

dedpoet, I clicked that URL above and it took me to a general page. What is the title of the website? What category is it in?

Thanks

Blondie

• carla
    carla

dedpoet, are you suggesting you need help from your dear friends here in returning the lovely emails you received?

• nelly136
    nelly136

maybe they could be forwarded to their providers abuse@whatever isn't unsolicited mail spam?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit