What's the deal here?

by Jerohobobonadad 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

Hello all, I hope this post finds you well.

I was wondering - the same hardcore dozen or so posters seem to be the only ones who reply to and start topics. Looking at the member directory, there are loads of members, but most do a handful of posts then disappear. Is there just a crew of regulars here? If so, where do the others go?

I was also thinking that the regulars must spend loads of time here - I think in the 6 or 7 weeks since I found this site, I've spent more time on here than in the last 5 years in the old field service! My mum would be so proud if I could count my time here lol.

Regards

Jerohobo

• under_believer
    under_believer

People come and go for all kinds of reasons. Some leave because they learned what they needed to know about the Society, then left. Others were here as part of their recovery process, and have outgrown the place.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Most people come and stay for a while, then move on. They take what they need and get on w their lives, i suppose. Many people check the site without posting, or only do so occassionaly. Relatively few continue on here as heavy posters for yrs. Then, there's minimus, the question master. Heehee.

S

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

Absolutely (r.e. the ones that come and go), but what about the hardcore few? I'm sure the posters with 1000 or so under their belt have "recovered" or have found out all they need to know about WTBS, but why are they still here? I'm not trying to offend anyone.

I've not been here long and have spent HOURS going through various posts - if I did this for a year or 2 I'd be exausted!

I suppose you need the regulars though or this board wouldn't exist.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I've only been contributing for 5 months. I'm still going to meetings for various reasons and I post here to help preserve my sanity.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Everyone contributes what and when they feel appropriate. I can understand why you would feel there are only a handful of people contributing, but some have contributed for quite some time.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ummm

Still trying to recover after almost 500 posts since June. I figure it took me 18 years to get out, another 29 years to come to terms with this stuff, and if it takes me another 5 to 10 years on this site, .....well, I deserve to be here

r.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I don't know what it is about this site..but it's great. I am a christian but hate christian sites..for some reason..

I think I like this site, as the people are so tired of lies and hypocrites..

Also when you leave the JW's, you have a lonely gap.. This helps with this too.

• snarf
    snarf

Also, alot of the long time posters are staying on to help those that are just starting out on the process of discovery. Every once in a while you will see the long timers restart an old topic just to keep it fresh for the new ones, which is great cause they can provide a wealth of info.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

It is nice to have many, many posts and new topics from many, many people. It's like an assembly, although it's actually unlike an assembly because I'm not suicidal afterward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit