Firpo Carr's Homepage

by slimboyfat 42 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Firpo Carr does not mention his early education at Control Data. --VM44

Later in 1979, after a quart of circumstance, he found himself enrolled in computer courses at Control Data Institute in Anaheim, California. This suited him well since he envisioned some day that Bible scholarship and computer technology would someday be married. He wanted to be at the wedding. After finishing at the top of his class, Control Data Corporation (CDC) hired him immediately. Less than a year later, IBM recruited him.

Education

Carr received a certificate in computer technology and an associate of science degree in data processing from CDI Anaheim. He received his bachelor's degree in information systems management from the University of San Francisco, and his master's degree in management from the University of Redlands. He obtained his doctorate in computer information science from Pacific Western University (a non-traditional, alternative learning institute), and is a doctoral candidate in the theological/biblical studies program at the same university. Although a distant learning university, it is fully authorized and legally recognized by the State of California as an institution of higher learning.

• VM44
    VM44

Here is his current education vita. --VM44

Educational Background

Doctoral Candidacy
    Theology/Biblical Studies
    Pacific Western University
    Los Angeles, California

Doctorate Degree
    Computer Information Systems
    Pacific Western University
    Los Angeles, California

Masters Degree
    Management
    University of Redlands
    Redlands, California

Baccalaureate Degree
    Information Systems Management
    University of San Francisco
    San Francisco, California
  • VM44
    VM44

Pacific Western University has moved from Los Angeles to San Diego, and no longer offers the Ph.D degree in any subject.

http://pwu-ca.edu/contact.asp

Firpo should update his resume.

--VM44

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

VH44,

Dodgy academic qualifications - another similarity between Carr and Bergman...

Slim

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I didn't know much about him, but from what I've read via this thread, he seems rather arrogant.

• RR
    RR

Have you ever seen any of firpo Carr's books? I think he prints them in his basement. Fonts size is about 16, so that there are more pages to them. Hey, he'll personally autograph any book you purchase from his site ... whooo eeee

I've purchased plenty from Randy's site, he's never personally autographed anything for me except my credit card receipt!

RR

• TD
    TD

SBF,

I like to think he is the Witness apologist equivalent to Jerry Bergman on the apostate scene, in that his books are largely self-published on a wide range of topics about which he has a lot of enthusiasm but not a lot of expertise. On second thoughts that is not fair: he is a better writer than Bergman, and has some more perceptive insights to offer too.

Are you serious?

I took a look at his partial essay on blood and it is comical. It reads like the Wayan's brothers doing their "Prison sketch."

Not only does it contain obvious contradictions:

"Consequently, all was not well. Instead of traveling in a circuit within the body as God intended, the ground was now illegally soaking up puddles of the precious liquid."

"Solomon?s undeniable assertion is that both man and beast are made of flesh and blood. And as far as these materials are concerned, man is no better than beast."

....It is full of gems like this:

"One might be led to believe that the Scriptural context dictates that this prohibition is against animal blood since the "flesh" spoken of is described as being put upon an alter [sic] for atonement. (Leviticus 17:11) Additionally, the "flesh" of "a wild beast or a fowl" is also mentioned in connection with God?s prohibition on blood. (Leviticus 17:13) Therefore, one could conclude that a restriction is placed exclusively on non-human blood here. Such a conclusion, however, would not jib [sic] with the facts and would therefore be erroneous."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

My comment was perhaps a reflection more of what little regard I have for Bergman's work than an indication that I hold Carr in high regard.

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Simon what's an NC-17 rating? As in the first post?
  • GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    NC-17 is adults only filter used within US film industry. Don't know why it's used in here though.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Association_of_America_film_rating_system#X_replaced_by_NC-17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit