A little hypocrisy "Watchtower style"

by rockhound 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

My ex has not talked to her mother and sisters for years because they faded and stopped going to the KH. An all too common occurance sspo, sorry Mate. I guess this won't apply to you though! peace, Moshe

• sspo
    sspo

moshe

By shunning even when you are not DF on the part of the rank and file made me realize after 30 years and still in it for personal reason that it is nothing but a cult.

Why would someone shun a mother or a son or a daughter or a good freind when they decide not to attend the KH.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Rockhound,

I think your thread was very informative. Once again, the Society doesn't like the taste of their own medicine! THey don't like being called the antichrist which is an "apostate", yet they are so quick to label ones who reject their views as "apostate". For any who didn't get a chance to read the whole thing read this portion as you will get a idea as to how important this is.

Love Ya,

Lady Liberty

Think about their argument (sisters name)!! They are outraged that in a democratic land that they would be persecuted and denied their liberties because they could not accept what they consider to be a false belief, and that the government should not to let any church impose its Inquisition mentality on others by persecuting those who do not agree with its views."Those trying to do this to the Jehovah's Witnesses in Greece, were considered by the Watchtower as persecutors. How curious! We feel you are doing the same thing to all of us, and for the very same charge!!!because WE do not agree with the Watchtower's views and beliefs.

I fully agree with the sentiments expressed by this article as do Jehovah's Witnesses and other lovers of religious freedom throughout the world. In past incidents of governmental oppression, the Society has encouraged all who agree to express their outrage in letters to the government officials responsible and the press of the nations involved so that both sides may be heard. I believe this is a right and reasonable action to take.

How is it, though, that when the shoe is on the other foot, the Watchtower Society acts more like Greek Orthodox Clergy than the fair minded-lovers of religious freedom which they characterize themselves to be? Jehovah's Witnesses consider the charge of "antichrist" (or "apostate") to be false because they believe in Christ Jesus. But why is it that they mete out harsh treatment to any who may disagree with any teaching of the Watchtower Society and brand them as evil "apostates" with wicked motives even thoughsuch ones believe deeply in Christ Jesus as their mediator and ransomer? And why is it right for Jehovah's Witnesses to petition government officials and the press in order to have their side of the story told, but wrong for one banished by the organization for doctrinal disagreements to attempt to explain what he feels to be an unfair accusation either by word or letter? Anyone who disagrees with any teaching of the Society is treated in a manner reminiscent of the Inquisition. Even though his good name is besmirched, his motives impugned, he is to remain silent. How does such conduct reflect the teaching of our Lord, "All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must likewise do to them?" The conduct of the Watchtower Society in this matter seems to me to be a double standard, which to me is repugnant and more than a little hypocritical.

Note: A portion of the above was taken from another (unnamed) article.

ROCKHOUND

• vitty
    vitty

I think this was a great letter, keep us informed whether she answers you or not.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Great retort. I love the part in the WT where it says "when this RARE event occurs". I think they need to shed some new light on that. Maybe thats a case for people to go ahead and DA.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I think it's excellent reasoning. Unfortunately reasoning is not something Jdubs do all that well! Even if she takes no notice of what you wrote, I found it very helpful. thank you!

Poppy

• greendawn
    greendawn

The WTS wants to have the freedom to argue with th external world without any unpleasant consequences but they refuse to allow the same freedom to members within. Just the same they went to court in the USA so many times to earn freedom to preach but at the same time they suppressed their members freedom of speech in a very severe way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit