I'm new and nervous!

by kitten whiskers 90 Replies latest jw friends

• brojo
    brojo

Hi Grace! Yea. Every once and a while I pop up. So very busy, but doing well. Vicky and kids are all fine. Just closed on a house for my kids here in Waterbury. I have 4 grand children now. Daughter has two and son in Florida has two. BTW the next BRCI conference will be in Orlando. Hope you can make it. Miss you.

Love,

Joe

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi Joe glad to hear the good news. I have 9 GREAT grand-kids......Yes I am planning on the next B.R.C.I meeting if I dont kick off!!! at 79 I am one foot in the grave Good to hear from you

Sorry i stole a part of this thread

• Honeybee
    Honeybee

I realize I'm unknown here- I stopped posting when my life took a U-turn and I stopped regretting my years in the JW's and started feeling incredibly blessed for having been "called out." Don't be nervous- be thankful. Be amazed, and above all, be insatiable in your reading of the Bible. Because you truly are blessed. you have been "called according to his purpose," and that is up and out of an organization who bases it's beliefs on lies and intimidation. Read the book of Romans- it will have you in tears as to your true worth in Jehovah's eyes. I too was raised a JW. I pioneered, gave talks, worked at assemblies, married an elder's son, had a brother in Bethel, entertained brother Franz at family functions, and woke up realizing I'd been hijacked by my own lack of knowledge - by that I mean that I'd given over all authority of understanding to others. I looked to anyone to "tell me," what the Bible taught. Of course they provided scriptures to further their own agenda. The elders insisted on the WT as the source of info, and countless other books to support their position. No I wasn't intentionally lazy- we were all (particularly women,) bred to follow the enlightened words of our superiors. But when others outside the organization raised questions as to the validity of our beliefs, I always deferred to an elder. I never searched the scriptures as I should have. I won't startle you with the gory details, but it took 2 murders in my hall, and countless other atrocities (my girlfriend's story aired on dateline tv,) to put my mind at rest that I'd made the correct decision by leaving the WT. But that was then & this is now. And after all the years of bondage, I'm incredibly free. And for the first time in my life I know that Jehovah loves me. That Jesus Loves me. "He that has been set free is free indeed. John 8:36." You mentioned "I tried so hard to make Jehovah happy. Was as perfect as I could be. Have always felt nothing I do is ever good enough." When you first teach a child to walk, your outstretched arms guide and protect, and eventurally let go. But they're always waiting to embrace the child who wanders too far. When you see your baby faulter, you're there to scoop them up and hold them close. Did you ever dislike your baby because of a misstep? Of course not! Are we to assume that humans are better parents than Jehovah? Remember, Jehovah first instituted the family arrangement. His arms have always been stretched out to us. We've just had to stop believing the bullies who have us believe otherwise. We have to stop allowing Satan to creep his way into our self-worth- and anyone who uses his tactics. You have made Jehovah happy, just as your children have made you happy. Performance based love is not love- it's a lie sold to the masses by someone who might cash in on (either by receiving money, power, or both,) the belief. And Satan knows that our frustration leads to our giving up, so he makes it a condition of everything he's behind. He piles on the obstacles we must overcome. And therein lies that most dangerous lie of the WT. It has never been about how good WE can be. It has always been about how good HE is. Because we can't measure up- that's what "saved by grace," means. It's unmerited divine assistance or acceptance. When I first left (over 10 years ago now,) I felt lonely at times. I knew only JW's. Those outside the organization scared me. Now I'm in reverse. It scares me that no matter how much info is discovered, there are those who will excuse the society for anything- while any other religion would have been blasted by the elders for committing the same acts the WT attempts to bury. It's scary to think millions of people won't even go to their public library to learn that Jerusalem was not destroyed in 607 BCE - which would destroy their timeline- because some elder told them to just "believe the word of the faithful (choke,) slaveclass." Although they know that Wescott & Hort were spirit mediums- and translators of the NWT- they accept this without thought. Remember that Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Moses, and countless other great men of the Bible had to separate themselves from those doing wrong. As far as I'm concerned, if I spend the rest of my life alone, I'm in good company. I have my father & Jesus to keep me company. This is all I need. Not to mention my hubby & 2 kids! I wish you well on your journey. I know Jehovah will reveal wonderful things to you. I wish everyone could truly know "the peace that transcends all understanding."

• mouthy
    mouthy

HONEYBEE(((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))) love the post!!!!! Welcome Sister in the Family of Jesus Christ (((((HUGS

• exwitless
    exwitless

Honeybee-I noticed you said you entertained brother Franz at social gatherings. Am I right in assuming you mean Ray Franz? Tell us more about this. BTW-if anyone here has not read Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Chrisitan Freedom by Ray Franz, I say open a new web page right now and order these from amazon.com. They are a MUST READ.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

Go as slow as you need...no hurries now!!!

• Honeybee
    Honeybee

To Ex Witless- That was Fred Franz. He used to come out to the Massapequa, Long Island Kingdom Hall with my brother. My brother worked in the press room with Tom Cabeen. Boy he could tell you stories...he & Fred shared the steamroom together. I agree-read everything you can get your hands one. Particularly, read Barbara Anderson's testimony on what secrrets she discovered.

• Honeybee
    Honeybee

Mouthy - Thanks for the welcome! BTW- my brother & his family now live in Winnipeg, Manitoba. (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

• JT
    JT

overcome the fear of Jehovah destroying me for not agreeing with the Society.

######

in afew years you will look back in complete disbelief that you actually believed that not listening to an American Book Publishing Company based out of New York City meant the God of the Heavens would destroy you.

we all know the feeling , been there done that bought the tee shirt- smile

• poppers
    poppers

I want to add my welcome to the others, KW. I haven't read the entire so maybe this has already been said - Your name is a good one for someone who is extricating themselves from the WT. Cats' whiskers allow them to "test" narrow enclosures to see if they are wide enough to permit them to enter and then exit that space. Your "whiskers" will help you from becoming trapped again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit