Front Door Sign Idea?

by Asheron 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Asheron
    Asheron

NO SOLICITING!

(Unless you are someone under the age of 12 selling something sweet, like cookies or candy, at a price not to exceed $2.00, for your scout troop, sports team, or church group. I?m sympathetic to child slave labor, I like kids, and I like cookies even better.)

But if you do not fall into that category, I don?t want your magazine because I already have a subscription. I don?t want your newspaper because I already get it. I do not want to pay you to run, walk, swim, jog, jog-walk, swim-jog, or walk-run. I don?t want to fund your fraternity?s trip to Mexico. I genuinely hope that together we can help stop female breast cancer, and while I?ll be more than happy to give you a free exam, I do not want to pay you to examine others. I do not want a ?trial? anything. I do not want to pay you to leave me alone, that?s what this sign is for. I do not want you to keep standing in front of my door, reading this sign in the hopes that I might have posted an exception for your particular breed of leech. If you want my money, feel free to try robbing me. I carry a knife with a 7-inch blade and will gladly extend your smile to your ears. Thank you, and the best of luck screwing over my neighbors.

PS: No I dont want to live forever in a paradise Earth......With you.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I put up a sign on my front door recently that says, "DAY SLEEPER, NO TRESSPASSING, NO SOLICITING." I keep getting this meat company stopping by to try and get me to sign up for their home delivery meat. I hope that puts an end to their stopping by. The JWs don't stop by, I wonder why...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"No Salesmen,Solicitors,Or Religious Representatives".....It pissed my mom off!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• myelaine
    myelaine

how about:

WELCOME to the independant Bible Baptist Church.. please use side entrance.

• Scully
    Scully

My sign says "NO PEDDLING, NO SOLICITING, NO PREACHING". It's posted next to the doorbell, so it can't be missed.

I put it up for the first time almost 2 years ago, and within a few days, I was watching some scary movies (with the lights off and curtains drawn) and could see a couple of people coming to the door. I realized it was a couple of JWs and started laughing to myself. They didn't even knock or ring the doorbell.

A couple of months afterward, the female JW who was at the door that day phoned and mentioned that she was put off by the sign. I told her that the sign does not exclude social calls, so she must have come with the intent of "preaching" and that's why she felt the sign applied to her. We haven't had any phone calls or visits since then.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    bendover3.jpg (77482 bytes)click on here for larger version
    (big printer size)

Bend over Jehovah!
    (no books from crooks)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We have a sign that say's "We do not need," and then lists a few of the types of people who might call, including religious groups. Trev was going to add "jws, that means YOU", but thye don't knock our door when they come to the rest of the block anyway, so he hasn't bothered.

• morty
    morty

We have one that says'

"The Pitballs are not fixed, and don't like the sound of the door bell being rang! "

Use your own judgement of leaning on the bell....

Have not had anyone to the door selling anything in a loooong time... woof-woof

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If you don't have an appointment, DON'T KNOCK!
    Yes, that means you too, asshole!
  • Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

The congo where I live must be... how was it described in the "weird sayings" post? spiritually weak. My wife and I both "work" outta the house and in the past 9 years we'd never had any Dub visitors. I kinda feel left out. Maybe they are tracking my IP address from this site and know that I'm a lost cause.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit