I finally made it in to see the Dr.

by WildHorses 27 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

And what I have is depression. I've been prescribed Prozac and for a short time Xanax. I will only be on the Xanax for about two weeks. Long enough for the Prozac to take effect.

I sure hope it helps beacuse I have been feeling so bad for over a month now. I have to call the Dr back in two weeks to go over things with her. She said I could call her and have the consultation over the phone so that I do not have to pay for another office visit. I like my Dr. :)

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Good news W.H. .... I do hope it helps. If it isn't what you expected, or if you feel 'worse' (that can happen), go back and either get the meds adjusted or changed. Have you considered any alternative medicine (just curious)?

D.E.

• parakeet
    parakeet

((((WildHorses)))). Hope you start feeling better soon.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I hope that you feel better real soon.

Loruhamah

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Double Edge, I just want to start feeling better, and fast. My mother and both sisters are on antidepressants and so is my Dad. I didn't know until today though that I have a few Aunts on both sides who also suffer from it. I found out when my Dr asked so I called my Mom up on my Cell from the Dr office.

The Dr said if anyone in my family takes Prozac and does well on it that I should be able to also. I hadn't heard of any alternative medicine. And truthfully the way I was feeling it was getting hard to function. I didn't want to get up in the am. I did however feel better this weekend as I forced myself to get out in the sun while it was out but i'm not always able to do that. If this doesn't work I will ask about that when I call the Dr back though.

Shari

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Thank you Parakeet and Lo-ru-hamah for the well wishes. I sure can use them.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((WildHorses)))

I do hope the meds work, and you feel better soon.

Linda

• juni
    juni

Hi Wildhorses.

They have found that depression runs in the family. Usually it takes a lot of stress or a very traumatic happening in your life to kick it into gear.

Glad you're getting help.

Juni

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

(hugs) :) I probably could use some of those meds myself...but then I think if I cant get rid of the thing that is causing the depression, what good are the pills?

loves

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

(hugs) :) I probably could use some of those meds myself...but then I think if I cant get rid of the thing that is causing the depression, what good are the pills?

loves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit