Is their a religion that matches our biblical knowledge and experience?

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

After spending years with the Witnesses, and the knowledge we have now, is there a religion that matches our biblical knowledge and experience?

I think that we are way beyond any religion that exists, and that's why we stay out of religion today.

• Geronimo
    Geronimo

You should indeed stay out of religion. It's dead and useless in most cases, or actively harmful as in the case of JWs. Try learning and putting into practice spiritual principles instead. A life lived by spiritual principles WORKS because spirituality is pragmatic. If something doesn't actually work it's heaved overboard. You tasted of a grotesque little religion, don't let it destroy the spiritual part of you and your life. That would be akin to eating at Long John Silvers and declaring that you are now an expert on restaurant food and that it all sucks. G

• Carmel
    Carmel

....and just what is your reknown "biblical knowledge"?

Inquiring minds want to know!

carmel

• JH
    JH

All Im saying is that it's all a big joke.... and we now see clearly

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Being a witness sort of disabled us from ever finding any contentment in another religion.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I think you got this right on.

Being a witness sort of disabled us from ever finding any contentment in another religion.

At least in my case for sure.

Ken P.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:After spending years with the Witnesses, and the knowledge we have now, is there a religion that matches our biblical knowledge and experience?

Yes, there is. Unfortunately, you will have to suffer the uncomfortable straight jacket and Thorizine doses to practice it. Then there is that Nurse who was born with an overdose of Testosterone who gives you the medication. She is not a nice person to get involved with. Just ask McMurphy.

She is sort of like a Circuit Overseer, who was born with a highly overdose of MEAN.

Otherwise, you can thrash all your "biblical knowledge" and "experience" and start with a fresh piece of paper and a new outlook about why we are here and what it means.

It beats the straight jackets and "biblical knowledge"!

Farkel

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

JH, I'm with you on that, for the first time in my life I see clearly. I've come to the conclusion that Religion is a tool that has been used for keeping the people under control and giving control to those that invent the religious system. I have also realized that some people need religion in their lives to keep them in check, and without this belief system they would be completely out of control, believe me I've seen it happen. Other people live perfectly good lives without religion. They are kind, they raise their children to be respectable members of society etc.

As to your question, is there a religion that matches the biblical knowledge and experience we've attained? HELL NO, I am done with that BS. What I do believe is that there is a Creator, or Creators because I don't believe that all of this happened just by accident. Why we were created? I don't know, neither does anyone else on this earth, if they say they do, they are basing it on some ancient book that other people put together from stories taken from other civilizations, but they didn't know either. What is real is that we are here now! lets make the best of it, set goals for ourselves and try to reach them, do things that will enhance our time here for ourselves and for others.

IC

• Arthur
    Arthur
    is there a religion that matches our biblical knowledge and experience?

AMWAY

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I was never a witness but my involvement has led me away fom religion/church. I'm still a Christian and I miss that kind of fellowship where you discuss things in the light of Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit