More US lies to talk up case for war

by Simon 30 Replies latest social current

• greendawn
    greendawn

We must never underestimate the power of the Jewish lobby and the extraordinary power they wield in the USA and how they feel when the Iranian president says Israel must be wiped out. It's like disturbing a hornet's nest. In addition all the West (including France, Germany etc) greatly fears the possibility of Iran, a radically islamist and antiwestern, anti christian country, acquiring nuclear weapons because then they will almost certainly find their way to the hands of fanatical groups like the al Quaida. Pakistan is a different kettle of fish because their government, unlike big sections of the population, is pro western, at least for now.

• heathen
    heathen

What I've realized is that with all the money that the US gave Israel they did not want to buy the land from the arabs but instead wanted weapons to run them off the land , you really can't blame the arabs for hating them or the west . I'm already sick of the paranoia over Iran having nukes and the "terrorists" then getting ahold of them . If Bush and company were that worried about it, why didn't they hit Iran first ? Why hit a country that had no WOMD ? and lie about it to boot.I wish people with their paranoid dellusions would just go see a shrink and maybe get some help , they certainly don't belong in charge of the worlds largest military force.

• JimWood
    JimWood

I am in school with a young Kurdish man. His family was forced out of Northern Iraq before the first Gulf war. He lost a sister in a poison gas attack weeks before escaping Saddam?s forces. Iraq was invaded for the simple reason that Saddam did not hold to UN resolutions that were passed, do you remember how many, I lost count. Saddam had documented stockpiles of WMD's in the late eighties and early nineties, if they were destroyed, proper documentation should have been turned over to the UN as proof, it wasn't. From my military friends that have come back from both Gulf wars it is common knowledge within the 'boots on the ground' groups of men and women in the Gulf area that most have been shipped to Syria. Of course this is never reported in the news the same way that 80-90% of Iraq isn?t infected with insurgencies and people live their lives like most of the world.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Is it Iran's right to develop it, or the USA's right to block it? And if you can, base your answer according to International Law.

It is their right to develop a peaceful nuclear program.

Is their program a cover for a weapons program?

Should they be allowed to develop a weapons program?

If you lived in Israel would you allow it?

Does the idea of the Iranians with a nuclear deterrent bother you at all given their history of extremism, terrorism, local hegemic ambitions, and their close proximity to critical oil fields and shipping lanes?

Right, wrong, international law? Sounds good and all, but everyone will be sorry if those nuts get nukes.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    that is what Bush and Co want

Why do you suppose that is?

Halliburton and other companies enriched by the war?

Repubs do better when there is a perceived external threat to the USA?

I am just curious. Why do they have to be evil? Why can't they just be mistaken? Or hold a different set of assumptions about how the world works?

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    From my military friends that have come back from both Gulf wars it is common knowledge within the 'boots on the ground' groups of men and women in the Gulf area that most have been shipped to Syria.

I have heard this but I haven't seen one thread of evidence presented to corroborate it. I have heard it the evidence exists but it has been witheld because the French and Russian governments actually helped the Iraqis remove the stockpiles. Not sure if that passes the sniff test. Why would the Iraqis need their help? Why didn't they find the intact facilities that generated these materials?

One of the great tragedies of the Iraq War was that it deeply discredited the premise of the U.S. removing dictators who have ambitions of creating such weapons programs. If Iran gets nukes because the U.S. is so discredited, then the Iraq War was clearly a critical strategic failure in the war against Islamo-fascism, whether they produce a stable government or not.

CYP

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Do any of you think that Iran will drop a nuclear bomb on Israel without wiping out most of their Muslim counter-parts including themselves? Here is a map:

Middle East Map
  • Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Humans fight wars because that's what we do. I fear it will never end.

Only the dead have seen the end of war -Plato

• JimWood
    JimWood

No big surprise on the French and Russian involvement, after the whole oil for food deals through the UN. They (the governments of those countries) seem to go for the money.

• barry
    barry

In this age nucular weapons are a liability because if Iran does get to shoot one off there will be twenty going for Iran. They need to stop this loonicy or there wont be an Iranian to negotiate the surrender. I have a muslim friend and he also said Islamic countries should get nucelar weapons to take on the world and eliminate all non muslim people and that was before 9/11.

A non nucular war with Iran is far more humane to both sides. I dont beleive savages can be trusted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit