We lost a family member today...

by morty 27 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

What a sad day for our family today. We have lost one of our family members. Stitch was his name. He was a lovely cat. A Himalayan Siamese. This cat had his fare share of nine lives. I just had him to the vet last year for a failed kidney, spent loads of money getting him better, and a damn car came along and killed him instantly. I suppose he did not suffer though.

Also, I would like to mention that the men that killed him, did have the guts to come and tell us.( at 6:00am this morning) A lot of people wouldn?t do that so, this is one thing I thanked him for. He did feel awful and had more tears then I did when I picked him up and wrapped him in his bedding.

Any ways...........................

I called the vet to find out how much it would be for a cremation and they want $160.00 bucks!! Needless to say, Stitch is going to be nestled in our backyard under his favorite tree .......Can you believe they have a nerve to charge that much when he is no longer alive!!! I promptly told the girl, "I don?t need x-rays for god sakes" she then told me, "because they only do cremations on Mondays, they would have a "fee" for holding him". I then said, "well, you wont have to check on him or feed him, that is ridiculous"!!!!!!!

What a crappy day!!!! I am so pissed and angry over the vet thing....You would think after spending, thousands of dollars on my animals there, they would cut me break!!

R.I.P. Stitch... we will miss you..

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((morty)))

I am so sorry for your loss, and you certainly didn't need that bs from the vet on such a day either.

Linda

• luna2
    luna2

So sorry, morty.

And, yeah, vets are getting fairly out of hand I think. I lived in farm country for many years and in those days they used to be more practical about pet care and cremation and such. Not any more, tho.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sorry to hear that your pet was klled after you had spent so much to cure its kidney. Being a vet is apparently a very gainful profession given the fees they charge, letting it rest in the backyard is the best way.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Oh, I am so sorry.......

Himalyans are beautiful cats. My mom use to raise them. Thats all we had through the years, these cats are special and they know it.

My mom's last cat was half Himalayan, (the female accidently got pregnant by a large stray that seemed to be a pedigree in the neighborhood.)

My parents kept a large, rebellious black kitten out of the last batch. He wound up being a real prize, 25 pounds. A real terror but lovable.

He lived until he was 18. We all still miss him.

So sorry about your loss!

• material BOY
    material BOY

SORRY TO HEAR YOUR LOSS MORTY X

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

(((morty)))

I'm so sorry...

We lost our cat a few years back and buried her under a tree in the backyard. I still miss her.....

GGG

• Sassy
    Sassy

Sorry about your loss Morty girl... Pets can be as loved as any child!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

*hugs* Morty! Family member is right. We love our little fuzzy-four-footeds to the "enth" degree.

Strength to you, Hon.

• Scully
    Scully

(((((Morty))))))

Stitch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit