Overheard at the Service Meeting

by under_believer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Correct, earthtone--they don't grade publicly anymore. If there is negative feedback it is given in private.
    On the one hand it alienates less people.
    On the other hand it removes the last vestige of pretense that it's an actual school where you learn something.

• heathen
    heathen

I believe people did have to learn how to teach and preach about the kingdom in the first century but I don't think it's been going on the whole time throught out history . What I hated was getting talks that were not about the kingdom but about ancient Israel , they give a set of scriptures from the daily text or some crap that has nothing to do with anything and you have to make it apply some how to the kingdom or some friggen crap.

• integ
    integ

that's good stuff, but may I share something? My name is actually: Duncan Menzies.

• under_believer
    under_believer

integ, do you mind explaining your bizzare behavior?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Under_believer, I think Integ is posting strange messages like, "My name is actually... ________ _______," because he wants us to follow all the clues he posts. You string all the clues together and it leads to bizarre pictures printed on Watchtower literature. The Watchtower literature clues leads to dark basements in really old buildings where glasses with special colored lenses are buried. You take the glasses to where they keep the dead sea scrolls at, pour lemon juice on them and surprise it leads to treasure.

Okay, this story has already been done by Disney. See National Treasure, a really bad movie...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    integ, do you mind explaining your bizzare behavior?

I suspect that he is naming the elders in the Rockford, IL congregation. Am I right, Integ?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Maybe he was drunk.

• integ
    integ

You guys crack me up. Yes I am naming all the elders in the Rockford, Il. congregation. I can't really explain WHY I am doing this. I am a very complex person with a tendency to go off on strange tangents for no apparent reason.

Thank you for your understanding and tolerance.

Love,

Integ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit