Canadian JWs voting YES on city tax-exemption poll

by Had Enough 34 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Yes it seems to be allowing multiple votes which is what the dubbs are probably doing too...so me and my multiple personalities just voted. if I can scare up a few dozen friends to vote and their friends and their dogs...hmm, how many people use this JWD? They could possibly get defeated. Gee wouldn't it be sad if they had to pay a tax?

-BONEZZ

• JH
    JH

Pay your taxes to Ceasar

• Legolas
    Legolas

Crap...It's not letting me vote again! (the number doesn't go up)

Come on people....because the average 'worldly' ..LOL...person wouldn't give a sh*t!..It's up to us!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I wonder when they update their totals. We have to be making some difference.

-BONEZZ

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Actually it's prob good that they don't update it too often. The dubbs will go there and think they're winning by a landslide and then the final vote will be tallied (after 1,000 apostates vote 25 times each) and woo hoo...it's Special Needs Talk time!

-BONEZZ

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Well it seemed to be letting me vote more than once... but after 50 times the count JUST went up from 42 to 43 "No's", so apparently it's not...OR a dubb is working in the Council office.

-BONEZ (of the Conspiracy Class)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I just voted, no of course, and I'm in the UK. I will get the word around, and get others to vote no. Let's keep the jws paying.

• undercover
    undercover

This is just an opinion poll by a newspaper.

This is not really voting, or getting involved in politics, its just picking a yes or no to a question posed by a newspaper, though I can see the hypocrisy of JWs who participate in the poll to a small extent, since JWs are not to even have an opinion on political issues.

Lots of newspapers run these polls all the time. They're not scientific and they aren't used to dictate policy. I don't see the advantage of organizing the "world apostate movement" to all "vote" opposite of what the JWs want, unless you just want to overload the server of the newspaper.

edited to add: This issue isn't just about JWs, it involves other churches and non-profit groups. If this poll were influential in changing policy, would we be willing to possibly hurt other non-profits just to spite the WTS?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I agree in part with Undercover. This is a newspaper poll and will not decide the outcome. I think it is more effective to write to the reporter and state your case for WHY the WTB&TS does not deserve $35,000 from the city of Coquitlam, BC. Perhaps the reporter will share her letters with the city council.

Here's what I sent:

Dear Janis Warren,

I read with interest (thanks to Google News) your article, "Coquitlam reviews tax policy, gives Jehovah?s a break" on
    http://www.tricitynews.com/portals-code/list.cgi?paper=74&cat=23&id=727248&more=What an unfortunate and misguided decision!

I have to wonder if Mayor Maxine Wilson and Coun. Barrie Lynch (named in your article) and the other members of the City Council have any real familiarity with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Yes, they are the soft spoken nice people who wake you up on Saturday to talk about the Bible and offer you their two journals, The WATCHTOWER and AWAKE!

They might seem like pretty much mainstream Christianity, like any other church, but they aren't.

What are their "good works"? Soup kitchen? Hospitals? Shelters for the victims of domestic battering and child sexual abuse?

There are none. That's right, NONE. Ask a Jehovah's Witness, and they'll tell you that their "life saving" ministry is the ultimate charitable work.

They call it "Life saving" because the world is going to end ANY MINUTE NOW. It is very, very close. Just around the corner. Imminent. Just as it has been since "Pastor" Charles Taze Russell began the movement. 1874, 1914, 1918, 1925, the 1940s, 1972, 1975, 1984, 2000 are all years "pointed to in Bible prophecy" as an appropriate time for God to act. Never mind that he hasn't, they'll tell you; He's going to do it REAL SOON. They know, because God has selected them as His sole spokesmen on earth.

Now, when we look at what Jehovah's Witnesses expect to happen at Armageddon, it gets more interesting. Simply put, they expect that approximately 999 out of every 1,000 people will DIE at Armageddon. It is simple math: the survivors will be Jehovah's Witnesses, of which there are now about 6 million among earth's 6 billion people. They'll try to weasel out of this, but ask them what other groups of people they expect to survive the end of the world. "Huminah, huminah, huminah" or some other obfuscatory non-answer is likely to be the reply.

WHY will all these people die? This is important: it's because they are ALL worshipers of SATAN. Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, etc., etc., etc. All Devil worshipers. In a few more weeks they will be driving this point home by distributing a tract titled "False Religion's End is Near." (or something very similar to that.)

Who else serves SATAN, according to The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society? Politicians, the military, police and other civil servants: they are all part of a world wide Satanic Empire. Even the Coquitlam City Mayor and the City Council.

"Monday?s decision, which is expected to be ratified at next week?s regular council meeting, will mean the congregation will receive a $1,700 tax break for 2007 as well as the return of $34,196 in back taxes."

So I have to wonder WHY the City Council is handing The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Brooklyn, NY some $35,896. That money will not stay in Coquitlam, or even in B.C.; it will go straight to the Canadian WTB&TS to aid in the "lifesaving" worldwide preaching effort of Jehovah's Witnesses, or perhaps it will be spent on legal briefs to make sure that the next Bethany Hughes can die without getting a blood transfusion.

Oh, an interesting bit of information. A few months ago, one of the older volunteers who work at Watchtower Brooklyn got hurt in a job related accident. They had to SUE their "brothers" of the Watchtower to get workman's compensation payments. Nice, eh?

I would be happy to expand any part of this discussion that you might wish, or supply references in support of my statements. I was raised a JW and was in for more than 20 years. I know of what I speak.
  • Legolas
    Legolas

Great letter Nathan!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit