Has anyone read this article..

by earthtone 85 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dawg
    dawg

What happened to this now that the WTBTS has had to pay millions?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I know that when it finally came out about my step dad, who is STILL a MS, molesting me--- NOTHING was done. I thought suspected child molestors can't hold postions of authority? He even admitted it to my sister, and a group of elders, AFTER he moved. I was told to keep my mouth shut, that "Jehovah will handle it"! When the juvenile authorities were to get involved, that was quietly squashed because one of them was related to a JW.

I was made to feel the guilty one by the elders. It was "m fault" according to them, and my "parents". Crap, I was only a child.

Nothing has been "handled", he is still in good standing.

Damn, this topic really pisses me off. And so does a certain someone on here who doesn't have a freakin' clue!

shelley

• worf
    worf

This is disgusting!

This situation compounds the proof that there is no such thing as a "jehovah god", and this organization

known as the watchtower MUST be obliterated!

Worf

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm the new guy coming into this, a couple years late, sorry, but one phrase of 3W caught my eye:

It can be the DNA evidence and the child.

DNA evidence? Since when do elders have any WT instructed comprehension of "DNA evidence"? That would only appear after the doctors, labs, and courts have investigated and ruled. There is no 'DNA overseer' in the congregation.

If you look in the WT Index under "Courts - Forensic Science you get these two articles:

w986/15p.28TrueJustice—WhenandHow?***

Sad to say, "faulty forensic evidence has already been responsible for more than its fair share of faulty convictions."

g983/8p.6ScientistsDivided?***

Take forensic science, for example. A court of appeal made the point that forensic scientists may become partisan. The journal Search notes: "The very fact that the police seek their assistance may create a relationship between the police and the forensic scientists. . . . Forensic scientists employed by the government may come to see their function as helping the police." This journal also gives the example of the IRA (Irish Republican Army) bombing cases of Maguire (1989) and Ward (1974) in Britain as bearing "eloquent testimony to the preparedness of some highly experienced and otherwise reputable scientists to abandon scientific neutrality and view their responsibilities as helping the prosecution."

Another outstanding example is the Lindy Chamberlain case in Australia (1981-82), which became the basis for the film ACryintheDark. Evidence submitted by forensic experts apparently swayed judgment against Mrs. Chamberlain, accused of murdering her baby Azaria. Although she claimed that a dingo (wild dog) had killed the child, she was convicted and sent to prison. Years later, when the baby’s dirty, bloodied jacket was found, the previous evidence did not stand up under close scrutiny. As a result, Lindy was released from prison, her conviction was quashed, and compensation was paid for wrongful conviction.

Does it sound to you like WTBTS really accepts DNA evidence? Or does it sound like they'd rather disregard the facts of modern science in favor of ancient superstitions against things they can't, or don't want, to understand? Why would they choose out-of-date cases that had bad defense lawyers as examples of "faulty forensics"?

If a child is victimized, or a woman raped, I understand that the first to be contacted should be the police who take the victim to the hospital to find any forensic residue as evidence. But not according to WT policy. No. Wait around to contact the WT Legal department. Organize an investigation. blah, blah, blah. If you want DNA evidence, you have to get it ASAP.

ATTENTION LURKERS: SEND VICTIMS TO THE POLICE OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL AUTHORITIES FIRST. LET THE ELDERS READ ABOUT IT IN THE NEWSPAPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

I am honestly shocked that none of you jumped on this one (highlighted)

Thrird witness - are you seriously suggesting that someone who wishes to remain in good standing with the org should go against direction from the elders who have told them not to seek therpeutic help should do so anyway?

Yes I am. Once the elders are shown that they are wrong they will have to admit it and there is nothing they can do about it. When elders are wrong you are not expected to do what they say.

This is simply put a complete and total LIE. I have personally attended a WT study in which it was specifically mentioned that even should the Society teach a falsehood that JW's should still stick with it. Given that very public statement, we cannot be expected to take 3rd's statement with any degree of seriousness.

Now someone has already pointed out what happens to people who refuse to follow WT direction and I can attest from personal expereince that this is true. It's apparent that thirdwitness, like another famous deranged nutcase is "...living in Wolkenkuckkucksheim" (Cloud cuckoo land)

This phrase was used by Colonel General Gotthard Heinrici to describe the inner circle surrounding Hitler after a disasterous situation conference on April 6th 1945

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit