A Riddle - Somthing Mentioned in Genesis, but God did not create it!

by VM44 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Sorry VM44 but I have to say that was kind of weak. If it is money, then it could have been any man made object in Genesis. Usually a riddle has one answer. Along with the other ideas mentioned so far (evil, God , etc.) and all the man made objects (graves, clothes, etc.) you're looking at about 25-30 correct answers.

• VM44
    VM44

Yes, there were some good guesses that did fit the criteria of the riddle. The initial data did not pin down the answer uniquely.

But I think money has a somewhat special status. God did not create money, but it existed before the book of Genesis was written, so when did money come into existence? I doubt that money was invented under the direction of God.

Money is an invention of Man, and yet there is much written about money in the Bible.

Hence the origin of my riddle.

--VM44

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I see your point VM. I gotta funny riddle if you want to hear it...

Who was the greatest female financier in the Bible?

Pharohs daughter...she went down to the bank of the Nile and drew out a little Prophet.

• VM44
    VM44

monkeyshine,

lol, now that is a good one. I am going to be using it. :)

--VM44

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Monkeyshine,

I heard the punchline to that joke like this: Pharoah's daughter, because she drew a little profit from a rush on the bank.

What is the worst case of constipation in the Bible? Satan, he was bound for 1000 years!

Pope

• VM44
    VM44

Yikes! Perhaps I was wrong! Maybe God did create money!

Here is a picture of God handing Adam a few bills!

TIME Magazine, Does God Want You To Be Rich?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1533448,00.html

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

VM44

God did create evil!

Isa 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    But I think money has a somewhat special status. God did not create money, but it existed before the book of Genesis was written, so when did money come into existence?

Aha, because if money hadn`t existed, then noone could have bought themselves a Bible...

• VM44
    VM44

Deputy Dog, That is a good scripture! It needs a thread of its own! --VM44

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Check out that SAME scripture in the New World Translation. Isa 45:7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit