Pictures from "The Grave"

by monkeyshine 20 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dig him up, dust him off, and then ask him..."Why the pyramid"?

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• vitty
    vitty

Im going to print that off..........................thanks

• VM44
    VM44

Dig Rutherford up and ask him! He was one of those responsible for erecting the pyramid monument.

At least it is known where Russell is buried.

No one knows for sure where Rutherford is buried.

--VM44

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I've been there many a time, being that I live less than 2 hours away from it. Quite a place.
    Here's a little gem of truth for all of you interested in the pyramid grave.
    Q. What is hidden in the center of the pyramid?

A. A metal box that contains Russels books, tracts, the Societies Charter, and many other differant things related to Russell.

Makes you want to break that thing open, eh?

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks for the up todate photograph- I'm guessing they don't stop there on the Bethel bus tour headed to NY.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    No one knows for sure where Rutherford is buried.

You know I have allways wondered this. You think if we write to the Society they will tell us?

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    I just read that caption on the second pic - does 'dead with Christ' mean the masons don't believe Christ rose? Or does it mean 'dead (and) with Christ'?

it could mean that russel is dead like the death of the Sun for 3 days after the winter solstice (Christ symbolizing the Sun), and then the connotation that he'll rise again like the sun rises again from the dead on 25th december. other than that, it could be just bad grammar.

• VM44
    VM44

Rutherford is either buried in a unmarked plot on/near Staten Island, or somewhere on the property where the house Beth Sarim stands.

The former owner of Beth Sarim, a Dr Chang(?), when asked about Rutherford, is said to have said "You're standing on him!" (Dr Chang and the questioner were in the garage next to the house.)

But I think the Society just dumped Rutherford in the unmarked grave just to be done with the matter (It was 4 months after he died before he was buried!)

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

One would think that any cemetery would legally be required to know who was buired where in the cemetery regardless of whether the plot was marked on or not. It appears that the Watchtower was able to bypass this requirement in some way when it came to Rutherford. --VM44

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    My god man, what size shoe do you wear, your feet look like stumps!

Hey, I wear a size 10.5!! It's the shoes I guess. But yes it does look weird.

I'm 6'0 so I guess the pyramid is about 6'6.

And thanks for the info of what's in there. I did not know that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit