What My JW Family Members say....is this typical?

by dins 11 Replies latest jw friends

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Hi, Diana,

Sorry to her of your situation between your family and your son. You are his mother. If you and your husband are both in agreement that he is not to be raised JW, then it is your duty to make sure it does not happen. Sounds like you have already allowed him to be too exposed to their teachings. I agree with the previous poster who suggested taking your son to another church. Find one you can agree with, on the basic teachings, because you need to counter your son's mindset while you still can. The only way to do that is to replace teachings you cannot accept with ones you can go along with. Just telling him what's wrong with one religion won't do it. You must make a replacement of what's wrong with what's right. There are plenty out there to choose from. Surely one will fit the bill. Please don't delay. He's already got a religion, whether you realize it or not. If you don't see to it's replaced in his mind and his heart, you'll have a full-fledged member on your hands very soon.

Susan

• dins
    dins

Thank you everyone for your heartfelt advice.

I have been feeling sick all day about it and have decided to speak to my sister, who lives in another state and has three kids and has disassociated herself years ago, what she would do. I don't really want to rock the boat. I have always been the vocal one in my family, thus earning me prime troublemaker status. But my family knows what I believe...I tell them flat out, I DON'T BELIEVE IT.

So wish me luck.....will keep you posted.

Diana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit